Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Korda?

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

dale_carp

dale_carp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationChoose it wisely!
Ok, alot of people on here do not seem to like korda, this is understandable because the, in non swearing terms, willy head DF. But all in all i think there terminal tackle is pretty good! What does every one else think? (taking DF out of it!)
IT WAS THIS BIG!

(alarms screaming) Music to an anglers ears.

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests
rubbish hooks, rubbish mainline, rubbish hooklengths......In fact I don't think I know anybody that's had all good products from there.

ESP mate, simples

leggs007

leggs007

• Members
  • 2,498 posts
  • LocationRoy walker.say what you see
i've got a korda krusher and i have been using the clear leaders and sinkers on my rigs.is this wrong?

chrisesox

chrisesox

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationWEST MIDLANDS
I'll start it off then!!!!!!!!!

I think he's done very well and deserves to be were he is. You can't knock a bloke for working his bottom off so Fair play DF :)

As for the Korda brand its not that bad, yes there are some better products out there, but some Korda products are better than most.

Its all personnel preferance at the end of the day. :) :)
IN A MOOD BECAUSE IM ON HERE WHEN I SHOULD BE FISHING HA HA

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

You can't knock a bloke for working his bottom off so Fair play DF :)

If only you knew........ :wink:

papabill

papabill

• Members
  • 972 posts
  • Locationwherever the ARMY sends me!!!
you will see in one of my earlier posts about danny fairbrass (danny fairbrass the daddy or not) that i dont hide the fact that i really do rate the bloke!!! i really did learn an awful lot about carp fishing from his dvd's and articles,

fair do, he does a lot of product placement (and i fell for the trap ) but if thats what he is using then how can you argue that it doesnt work????

there are a few bits of korda tackle that i wouldnt be found dead using, however there are a few that i cant live without!!!!

when he fishes with other anglers he wants to learn from them aswell as pass on what he knows, and he makes no secret about what he is using, and how he fishes!!!

i think he is a top bloke, and i think a few people are slightly jealous of how well he has done...

and i bet he sleeps very well at night with a bank balance like his!!!! ha ha ha :lol:

beanz

beanz

• Members
  • 3,491 posts
  • Locationhere and there
after watching his 1st under water dvd(id never heard of him or korda,even though i did have some KD method feeders :lol: )i was impressed, even bought a few products(giving me the right to slate korda)...after watching a few more, i came to realise they were all very long adverts. then i read a piece DF did in UK carp about "how tp tie PVA mesh", this to me was scrapping the barrel ( as who doesnt know how to do a granny knot :?: )and since that iv never felt the same about him....then i got skytv and really started to hate him,,,a love hate thing,as id still watch him,while shouting at the tv in disbelief :lol:

chrisesox

chrisesox

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationWEST MIDLANDS

So What Do You Know Then That We Dont ?????????????????? :lol:

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests
I'd get banned but "Once upon a time in a bivvy in France" :D

bluebirdjones

bluebirdjones

• Members
  • 3,795 posts
  • LocationAberdare, South Wales
I quite like Korda IQ :oops: I use it for most of my rigs :oops: :lol:

mike_t

mike_t

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Locationnorthants
i use some korda stuff and the stuff i use i think is gud but i use alot of other brands stuff as well.
i think some of the korda stuff is overpriced tho it seems there living off kids and have watch there dvd and think they will only catch on korda stuff.

chrisesox

chrisesox

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationWEST MIDLANDS

I'd get banned but "Once upon a time in a bivvy in France" :D

send me a PM :lol: :lol: :lol:

cobleyn

cobleyn

• Members
  • 2,923 posts
  • LocationI loved jessica rabbit until she ate all the bacon.
I think there's two issues here:

Korda tackle- which can be hit and miss between innovative and reliable (Sinkers, tail rubbers, rig pullers, ring swivels) and terrible (mostly hooks).

Korda 'personalities'. The droning way they show endless spod mixes, the "Robson Green" over reactions when netting another small stocky, the endless plugging of their own tackle, the way carp are played with the left hand halfway up the rod instead of on the reel (Grrr),public over reactions to competitors copying ideas that they have stolen from generations of smokers before them.

All of that said-I Buy some of their products and I sit and watch Thinking tackle and have watched some of the early underwater DVD's. So I guess they have been succesful in what their intentions are. And I am sure that they are all decent fellas in their own right-just that they aren't Vernon Kay in front of the camera.
Everything is better with bacon.

nigewoodcock

nigewoodcock

• Moderators
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationLittle birds make me squeal like a girl!

So What Do You Know Then That We Dont ?????????????????? :lol:

Does he 'work his bottom off' or does someone else???? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

moorsey

moorsey

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • LocationBurgundy, France
I know Danny and some of the other Korda team fairly well and I can't knock their marketting methods. However, I have tried using some of their terminal tackle over the years and quite a lot of it fell well short of what I expected. For instance size 4 hooks straightening out on big fish, 15 lb IQ snapping ON THE TAKE on the river [hook link already broken by the time I picked up the rod]. On top of that I don't like the fact that they name their leader "Safe Zone" which suggests to the newcomer or inexperienced angler, that by using one they make the rig safer for the fish. They actaully convert a safe rig to a very dangerous one by moving the week point [knot] further up the line and thereby potentially risk leaving the carp towing a totally unnecessary leader. Right now the only pieces of Korda gear that I use are the Krusha and some light leads.

salokcinnodrog

salokcinnodrog

• Super Moderator
  • 23,259 posts
  • LocationNever Give in, always believe in your Ambitions and Dreams for they will come true
I've met Danny Fairbrass when he was first setting up Korda, getting their products into the tackle shops, and at the time their leads were the best and most suitable on the market. No-one else was selling ready coated leads, and they were the easisest to get hold off.

The original working marketing I found impressive, it was DF who was out putting his name in the marketplace, however I now find the article plugs irritating and almost dishonest, in fact actually going against some of his original ideas and fishing. If you don't know what I mean by that, then see if you can get hold of a copy of Korda Developments Advanced Rig Book :wink:
In that he actually advocates products from other manufacturers, Fox, Nash etc, but now with the Korda bandwagon he has changed his "perception".

There are products that are better, yet DF and the "acolytes" now put Korda Kurv (or other pattern but you know what I mean) as the ultimate hook, yet the truth is that there are many hooks with the same shape, bend or curved shank that are equally suitable.
Korda as it stands is making itself a fashion icon for the sheep in fishing, every new lad onto the carp fishing is seeing Korda as the all encompassing greatest brand available, yet there are many other better or more suitable products. In reality it is likely that you will need products from other brands, be that Solar, Fox, Nash, Korum whoever.

Since the original Korda set-up they have come up with some products that are not suitable for the purpose they are sold for, and other products have been unreliable.
I will say however, that there are other manufacturers that are also selling and advertising tackle items that are a danger to fish safety as well :wink:

Lead clips that NEED to be altered to use safely, and Safezone leaders that definitely increase the risk to fish. As Keith says the name Safezone really does imply safety, but it is a misnomer. It refers to a feeding zone for the fish, not tackle safety. At Suffolk Water Park I retrieved a safezone leader, the lead would not release, the rig could not be ejected, and it was attached to metres of line. If a fish had picked up the bait then that would have been a tethered fish.

Come to that the recommendation of any leader in most fishing is an additional risk, be it fluorocarbon, leadcore or anything.
Recommending an additonal knot in your tackle is not safe.
You can get your mainline down to the bottom and hidden without the need for a fluorocarbon leader, in fact that leader may well increase the possibility of the end tackle being discovered. We (mostly) fish tight lines, which pass down vibration and sound, that means that what we think is hidden is still discoverable.

I've seen mates using Hybrid that snapped instantly on a take, and I've also seen people play a fish for a knot to give way for no reason, the knot that Korda recommend.

I do have a few pieces of Korda Tackle in my tackle box, leads obviously, although I still end up adapting them, at times as I found the coating too reflective (to be honest as I do on many other lead makes) and a few lead clips which I have retrieved from rigs that were snapped off at the lake, both in snags in the water and from trees. Almost every lead clip I retrieved still had a lead attached, the rubber had been unable to release and the lead clip had pulled free from the hooklink swivel or quicklink.

The Underwater series I found a little bit irritating. I don't do product plugs, and the conditions were those he found at the lake at that time. Yet do we all fish that way? Does every fish in every water behave the same way (we didn't used to until the fashion mags :wink: ).
Pile a load of groundbait in on a heavily fished gravel patch, which now also has an additional feature in a camera that is not usually there, the carp may be extremely wary, they need to feed, but the differences mean that absolute "discretion" and watchful behaviour is tops for their safety. If there is anything different from the usual in nature then all animals become even more wary than they are normally.
Nick

emmcee

emmcee

• Members
  • 889 posts
i think the bloke has done quite alot to put carp fishing in the public eye,on sky tv etc,alot of people see our sport as cruel.ive been round a relatives house and was watching one of his programs and he had a carp on the mat applying his carp care gear to it, which my relatives and the others who were watching could not believe the care that was taken to ensure the carps welfare,non fishing people dont understand but with programs like his,if they are watched then people may not see us as bad people.as for his tackle i personally dont have a problem with it.i dont use all his products but the ones i do i am more than happy with.and as for him plugging his own gear,what do you expect him to do,slate it :? at least he practices what he preaches.but hey, you pay your money you take your choice,for everyone of you out there who knock him there are 10 more who rate him and his end tackle.i dont want to be controversial but is there a bit of jealousy out there,after all how many of you out there would like to do what he does,make his living by doing something he loves.

moorsey

moorsey

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • LocationBurgundy, France

at least he practices what he preaches.

Are you absolutely sure that he fishes, in private, exactly how he shows to be fishing on the videos? :wink:
I would also add that I am far from being jealous. I make my living from having my own lake and would not swap that for running a large tackle company thanks.

emmcee

emmcee

• Members
  • 889 posts

at least he practices what he preaches.

Are you absolutely sure that he fishes, in private, exactly how he shows to be fishing on the videos? :wink:
I would also add that I am far from being jealous. I make my living from having my own lake and would not swap that for running a large tackle company thanks.

what i mean by that is, he uses what he sells/makes.not all tackle/bait manufacturers use what they sell he obviously does,that i know as some anglers i know have fished the same lakes as him.oh and forgive me if im wrong but doesnt df have his own lake in france as well.and the jealousy thing no doubt there are people jealous of you for owning your own lake.what im saying is most of us have "normal" jobs,builder,factory worker or whatever not making our living from something that we love,fishing for carp or being involved in carp fishing.i mean what has the bloke done thats so bad?he's not a murderer,rapist,politician he just sells tackle,as i said earlier you pay your money you take your choice.some choose to buy and some dont

salokcinnodrog

salokcinnodrog

• Super Moderator
  • 23,259 posts
  • LocationNever Give in, always believe in your Ambitions and Dreams for they will come true

.some choose to buy and some dont

Do some choose to buy or are they "brainwashed"?

Constant plugs in magazine articles, that are nothing more than an advert being hidden by a repeated method that has been around for years. I can handle adverts, I choose to flick past that page, but articles I have a tendency to read. Yet halfway through (well usually earlier than that) when I hear Korda Kurv, Korda Mixa, Adrenaline, Korda Lead Clip I switch off. There are other suitable items out there.

I think that there are some very capable anglers who work for Korda, good guys, brilliant anglers, yet they fished with other gear before Korda came along, some made names of themselves in their own right. Yet to be fishing or writing an article to plug the latest fashion item or spod mix is not encouraging people to think or fish for themselves :!:
Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users