Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Corn Bread Dough Bait

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

mikey_carp

mikey_carp

• Members
  • 8 posts
Heh, I am going to try this since I had a lot of corn meal and flour lying around. Basically I kneaded the dough and added two spoon full of my secret ingredient :)

I'll report back if it works in a couple of weeks

justcarpn

justcarpn

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationChina Grove NC
what a secret you have!
JustCarp'N :D
take a look at my site at
http://justcarpn.150m.com/
Come and take a look at a Pay-Laker site.
http://justcarpn.yolasite.com/
Thanks JustCarp'N

zammmo

zammmo

• Members
  • 3,234 posts
  • LocationOld fishermen never die, they just smell that way

Heh, I am going to try this since I had a lot of corn meal and flour lying around. Basically I kneaded the dough and added two spoon full of my secret ingredient :)

I'll report back if it works in a couple of weeks

Havnt I seen you slaving away over a hot oven at Pizzaland? :mrgreen:

justcarpn

justcarpn

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationChina Grove NC
No but to see me looks as if I have eating a lot of them.
Pizza that is. :lol:
Thanks JustCarp'N

mikey_carp

mikey_carp

• Members
  • 8 posts
hahah It is a very good mixture for one thing. It smells more like flour though, which isn't what I am aiming for. I want a sweet smell to it. What I did was made a corn meal bread/muffin mix and added some secret ingredient :) I needed to add more secret ingredient to stop the dominating flour smell. I'll post a recipe if this works...

I've tried it though.... but only got nibbles. It's not proven quiet yet...

justcarpn

justcarpn

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationChina Grove NC
it sounds like you are on top of it it does. You much use a lot of flour in it for it to have that small. maybe use s different flour in it you know. it might just work.
Thanks JustCarp'N

the918

the918

• Members
  • 2 posts
When you say chow in your recipes what does it mean?

bedlem

bedlem

• Members
  • 2 posts
You may know this or not but I've seen this recipe round alot so I'll pass it along. Haven't had much of a chance to use it myself as I have a few others I tend to fall back on but I have heard good reviews and in theory it has what I want in a dough bait so. I have made some so know the process works and it comes out as a nice dough.

mix/blend in a medium saucepan :

1 cup water
1 1/2 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp honey (other syrups work too)
4 tbsp sugar

Bring this to a boil over medium heat. Slowly stir in 1 cup corn meal and stir it briskly for up to 3 minutes. The dough will start to form and when you get a good consistancy pull it off the heat and set it out to cool off for a few minutes. Flip and cool the other side. When you can handle it knead it a bit, roll it into a ball and wrap for use.

Hope it brings you some good fish..again not my creation just something I have seen around and thought worth mentioning since you had a lot of corn meal :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users