Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Pete Springate "Big Carp Legends"

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

keenook

keenook

• Members
  • 3,296 posts
Has anyone read this? What did you think?

hnv

hnv

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • Locationis everything...
I've never heard of it but if it's got sir Pete's name on it I'd read it!

keenook

keenook

• Members
  • 3,296 posts
So no one has read it??? :?

brooklands

brooklands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
Yes!

It is a compilation of interviews with Pete and articles by him that have appeared in Rob's Big Carp mag over the years. It appears to be unedited and comes across as a poor piece of writing. Also, there is nothing new about Pete in it.

Having said all that, if you like Pete and want to read again about his adventures over the years (Darenth, Yeoveney, Yateley, Wraysbury, etc) you must buy it.

Hope that makes sense !

keenook

keenook

• Members
  • 3,296 posts
Thanks' for your reply, that is pretty much what I have heard, seems a real shame to me that one of the greatest all time Carp anglers was only represented in a mediocre way, where if done well could well be a Carp angling classic! :(

brooklands

brooklands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
There are actually 3 books to date in 'Big Carp Legends' series.

The Ritchie Mac book is in similar vein to Pete's, but Lee Jackson actually wrote his book from scratch, so it is a much better production.

Personally, I look forward to Jim Gibbinson's book - certainly he is one of the best angling writers of all time :)

keenook

keenook

• Members
  • 3,296 posts

There are actually 3 books to date in 'Big Carp Legends' series.

The Ritchie Mac book is in similar vein to Pete's, but Lee Jackson actually wrote his book from scratch, so it is a much better production.

Personally, I look forward to Jim Gibbinson's book - certainly he is one of the best angling writers of all time :)

Great anglers without doubt, and yes is a great writer as well as being a real Gent, I met him years back, god how time flys! :oops:

brooklands

brooklands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
Were you Jim's accomplice in 1969 on the Slaughterhouse Bank at Brooklands Lake when he cast across my lines?

Yes, a perfect gent, no seriously. :lol:

keenook

keenook

• Members
  • 3,296 posts
No, a bit before my time................. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users