Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Glug dip advice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

igotink

igotink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLanding a big carp
Hi everyone, when using a glug dip i persume its best to use the same flavour as the boilie? my next question is when i use glug dip in my glug pot should i use 50/50 as in 50 water 50 glug dip? or can i use it neat?

How long can i keep a boilie within the glug pot ?
Many thanks

zammmo

zammmo

• Members
  • 3,234 posts
  • LocationOld fishermen never die, they just smell that way
50/50 or neat,sometimes you don't want the boilie too overpowering,the most common way is neat if you mix it with water it will not cling to the boilie.
I have kept fruity boilies in neat orange squash for 2 years and they were still ok, idealy a few weeks is probably best...

igotink

igotink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLanding a big carp
Thanks for the reply, in your opinion is it better to always soak your boilies in glup rather than using them straight from the bag.

salokcinnodrog

salokcinnodrog

• Super Moderator
  • 23,664 posts
  • LocationNever Give in, always believe in your Ambitions and Dreams for they will come true

Thanks for the reply, in your opinion is it better to always soak your boilies in glup rather than using them straight from the bag.

Straight from the bag for me, although there are times I will try a dipped or glugged bait.

If you are fishing a glugged bait, then it may be overpowering and the carp avoid it. Equally there are times when that glugged bait is the first to be taken.

If you are fishing a food source bait, then why fish a dipped bait over the top? The carp are comfortably eating the food source, so why use a different hookbait?

Is it best to use the same "flavour" as the boilie?
Why put any flavours in a dip at all? Some dips are just a mix of liquid foods, CSL liquid, Multimino, Aquamino, Molasses etc (although adding glycerol acts as a preservative and slows down the dip going rancid).

The same as a glug mix of flavours could act as "instant attraction". Multimino or Nutramino with the flavour as your boilies.

Plenty to think of there, no right or wrong, just experimentation on YOUR waters.
Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users