Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Bivvy Tramps by Martin Lawrence

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

bart2000

bart2000

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationBody at work, mind by the lake
I've just finished reading this after winning a copy in the competition Martin ran here on carp.com, and I'd just like to say how much I enjoyed it.
It's a tale of big carp, both old English ones and others of more dubious origins. There are plenty of references that carp anglers would recognise, from tackle, rigs and bait to the banter and camaraderie associated with fishing, but it's also a story of friendship and challenges.
I read it in just a few days, which is always a sign of a good book, and I can recommend it to anyone who fancies a good carp fishing related read.

Cheers
Bart

studley

studley

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • Location"Can't Rain All The Time"
bought a copy, just gotta find time to read it! :roll:

martinlaw

martinlaw

• Members
  • 7 posts
Thanks to Bart2000 for the kind words about the book. I know I gave him a free copy in the competition, but there weren't any tenners slipped into the pages for a positive review, honest! :)

andy52

andy52

• Moderators
  • 2,909 posts
  • LocationI never really lost my mind ..... It got scared and ran away
Gotta agree with Bart, I've just read it and have to say what a cracking read it was too. Really funny in places, almost in tears in others, any carp angler could relate to the ethos and messages in this book.

Even non anglers would enjoy it too.

Great book martin when's vol 2 coming out? Can't wait

Andy

lessthanphil

lessthanphil

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
Any chance of there being a Kindle / eBook version any time soon? I like to read on the bank, but have a habit of ruining/losing expensive hardbacks! :)

martinlaw

martinlaw

• Members
  • 7 posts
Thanks chaps, glad you enjoyed it, and please don't be shy in spreading the word, specially if you want the sequel (I am hoping Tim P will like it and publish it early next year).

No current plans to release as an ebook, but hopefully we will somewhere downstream.

Cheers

Martin

nzcoknee

nzcoknee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationAUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND
Hi from NZ.

The wife brought me a copy for my birthday.
So Martin your book has been read in New zealand to.
Also i lent it to a mate & he thought it was a good read to & he is not a Carp fisherman.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users