Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rod pods

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

igotink

igotink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLanding a big carp
Hi everyone, i am on the market for a rod pod around the 50 quid mark, i am not sure if to purchase the Nash H Gun or Fox A pod??????? all comments are welcome :)
Thanks in advance, happy christams and happy newyear

carefulcarping

carefulcarping

• Members
  • 1,984 posts
  • LocationWrong side of the lake
Personaly, i dont bother with rod pods anymore and just use bank sticks or buzz bars instead. Cheaper, easier and IMO, looks better too.

Ross.

welder

welder

• Moderators
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationMust pay the water rates.......

Personaly, i dont bother with rod pods anymore and just use bank sticks or buzz bars instead. Cheaper, easier and IMO, looks better too.

Ross.

Ross, I'm of a similar mind to you although I do own and carry a Fox A-pod which is nicely bum-basic and useful in places where the use of seperate sticks is difficult.

I should add that appearance, for me, is less important than performance.

Ian
I started with nothing....still got it.

carefulcarping

carefulcarping

• Members
  • 1,984 posts
  • LocationWrong side of the lake

Ross.

Ross, I'm of a similar mind to you although I do own and carry a Fox A-pod which is nicely bum-basic and useful in places where the use of seperate sticks is difficult.

Ian

I also carry around a pod, a very basic one sold to me for a couple of quid by a mate, useful on wooden and concrete swims.

Obviosuly performance is better than appearance, i just needed to add something to bulk out my post :)

welder

welder

• Moderators
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationMust pay the water rates.......

Ross.

Ian

I also carry around a pod, a very basic one sold to me for a couple of quid by a mate, useful on wooden and concrete swims.

Obviosuly performance is better than appearance, i just needed to add something to bulk out my post :)

An honest man....the world needs more of them. :lol:

Ian
I started with nothing....still got it.

garro

garro

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationAny where there’s beer and food
I have a TFG pod it looks good with 3 rods on it and is quite strong but at the end of the day I still prefer bank sticks and buzz bars they are more versatile

tel90

tel90

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationdeepest darkest devon!!!!!
I got rid of my pod because I just never used it but my mate has the Nash H Gun and it performs well for the price, looks good to IMO.

salokcinnodrog

salokcinnodrog

• Super Moderator
  • 23,235 posts
  • LocationNever Give in, always believe in your Ambitions and Dreams for they will come true

Ross.

Ian

I have a pod that covers all situations;
I can use it as a goalpost pod, and because the banksticks are "removable", I can also use it as either a single bar buzzer bar or goalpost set-up. With the banksticks I can also fish single sticks.

Really expensive it was, :lol: and it was bought from Badger Tackle, not the best name in the world, but it suits my needs :wink:

Back to the topic in question, here are some manufacturers specs and details for you to think about and comment on:

www.foxint.com[/url]"]

Black Label Bankware
The Black Label Bankware range is the ultimate in versatile pod design. Each item is available separately which enables the user to create their own style of Rod Pod. Choose your preferred length of bankstick (x 4) and buzzer bars (x2), all Black Label buzzer bars can be adjusted to a goal post set-up with the Black Label conversion kit (x 1), from the choices available.
http://www.foxint.co...ue=1&section=16

A Pod Plus
The A Pod Plus is supplied with a pair of moulded 3 rod buzz bars and has a variable length measuring 69cm to 106cm and a flexible height adjustment of 26cm to 41cm. The pod is completed with a tidy carry case.

Stalker Plus Pod
The new Stalker Pod Plus is a revamped version of the original Stalker, with reinforced joints and moulding the pod is incredibly robust. The body and legs are adjustable making it a very versatile pod and now it is available with both 2-rod and 3-rod buzz bars. Its profiled aluminium body and buzz bars increases its stability and makes for a very lightweight pod.
Dimensions
69cm to 106cm
23cm (Lowest Setting)
42.5cm (Highest Setting)

Eclipse® Pod
As you can see from the pictures, the Eclipse® is one of the most versatile and easily-adjusted pods available, suited to all styles of carp fishing – either on large continental venues or smaller, UK carp waters. The Eclipse® is based around a central tripod system which allows the pod to be positioned pointing up or down in a matter of seconds. A central Quick Release lever allows these adjustments to be made with ease. Like all Fox pods, it’s ultra stable too with quick-release fittings to make it extremely user-friendly.

Ranger Pod
Designed for European waters, the new Ranger is the ultimate in pod technology and utilises ideas from some of the world’s best anglers. As you can see, the Ranger can be used in a plethora of positions to cope with the most uneven bankside terrain. Its chunky dual frame design, durable fittings and numerous leg length options make it the pod of choice for anglers who like to target extreme venues.

Quattro 2 Pod
The Quattro 2 is the next generation of rod pod design, utilising a number of new, practical features to make it more user-friendly than ever before. These changes are the result of comments from our team of carp consultants, in-house CAD-engineers and you, the angler on the bank. In our opinion, the Quattro 2 raises the standards of rod pod design further than ever before.

Stalker Pod
The Stalker Pod has been designed for those anglers who prefer a snag bar or `goal post’ style set up but with the flexibility and stability of a pod. The Stalker Pod is supplied with a pair of 3rod buzz bars and can be fully adjusted via the center body to suit different rod lengths. Undoubtedly this is a most stable set up making this an essential piece of kit when fishing at long range or on those rock hard banks, where the use of banksticks is just not practical.

The uniquely shaped aluminum on which the Stalker Pod has been built guarantees there is not a hint of wobble in the set up. It also ensures perfect alignment of Microns and rod rests. For all this stability you would expect the Stalker Pod to be incredibly heavy but with this very unique design we have been able to keep the weight to a minimum to allow for easy transportation.

Horizon Pod
The Fox Horizon Pod – has been designed for those anglers who prefer a snag bar or `goal post’ style set up but with the flexibility and stability of a pod. Undoubtedly this is one of the most stable set ups around making this an essential piece of kit when fishing at long range or on those rock hard banks, where the use of banksticks is just not practical.

The Horizon Pod is supplied with a pair of 3-rod buzz bars and can be adjusted from a horizontal plane to a pitched plane, allowing the rod tips to be raised so you can get over bank side snags or awkward obstructions. The centre body can be adjusted in length to give greater stability and to accommodate different rod lengths. The uniquely shaped aluminum on which the Horizon Pod has been built guarantees there is not a hint of wobble in the set up. It also ensures perfect alignment of Microns and rod rests. For all this stability you would expect the Horizon Pod to be incredibly heavy but with this very unique design we have been able to keep the weight to a minimum to allow for easy transportation.

Sky Pod (incl Carry Case)
The Fox Sky Pod has taken rod pod design into another dimension. Specifically designed for those large Continental rivers and lakes, the Sky Pod is so flexible that it is still at home on the banks of a traditional English carp lake. Available in either a 3 or 4 rod set up, the Sky Pod can be adjusted from a horizontal plane to literally pointing skywards allowing you to get over any snags often found on big European waters.

The centre body can be adjusted in length to give greater stability when used at an acute angle. Undoubtedly this is one of the most stable set-ups around making it an essential piece of kit when fishing at long range on huge Continental lakes and powerful wide rivers. With the rod tips positioned high an enormous amount of pressure is transferred to the pod itself, but even in windy conditions and fishing against a powerful current with big leads, the Sky Pod will be rock solid.

The uniquely shaped aluminum body on which the Sky Pod has been built guarantees a wobble free set-up. It also ensures perfect alignment of Microns and Butt Caps. For all this stability you would expect the Sky Pod to be heavy but with this very unique design weight has been kept to a minimum to allow for light, easy transportation.
•RP3573 - Sky Pod (3 Rod Version) Including Carry Case
•RP4006 - Sky Pod (4 Rod Version) Including Carry Case
•RP3576 - Sky Pod Butt Cups
•RP3577 - Sky Pod Feet x 4
Rotate the thumb turn to adjust the pitch of the buzz bars on the Sky Pod. The length of the body can be adjusted by opening the Cam-Loks, to suit rod lengths and increase stability when used in Sky Pod mode. The rear buzz bar can be moved along the body to give greater height and to suit rod lengths.

X Pod Plus (with Goal Post Buzz Bars)
This version of the X-Pod goes one stage further by making each leg adjustable so that the pod can be extended to cope with longer rods. Fully extended, even thirteen-foot rods can be positioned so that the butt ring sits behind your alarm. Featuring the same, unique central boss system, the pod is supremely light, very stable and easy to transport. The product comes complete with a pair of 3 Rod 'Rod Lok' Buzz Bars.

www.nashtackle.co.uk[/url]"]
2012 Range Pocket Pod ( free carry case )~ IN STOCK NOW

Pocket Pod NEW
( with free carry case )
A stunning innovation from Nash - the smallest most compact pod that you can set up in seconds. It is super stable and looks real ‘carpy’.
Incredibly compact, carry case measures only 45 x 23 x 10cm (lwd).
WEIGHT 2.2kg
Code T2720 - Price £76.99
http://www.nashtackl...duct.php?id=865

4 Play X Lite 3 rod Adjustable
( Free Carry Case )
All you could ever want from a pod.
Ultra - Lite aluminium 4 play pods are quick and easy to put up and rock steady - no matter what terrain you are using them. Mud feet , for concrete or wooden fishing platforms. Simply screw off to reveal spikes for extra purchase on softer ground.

Based on a ' goal post ' set up , the best design for for total stability . 4 play pods are a top seller. This new Mark 2 version is even better , featuring profile extruded adjustable main bar , profile extruded buzz bars and soft touch dynamic locking cams.
• Practical design . Easy to set up and break down in minutes.
• Goal post design . The ultimate in stability and rigidity.
• Profile extruded adjustable main bar eliminates twist to suit any length of rod with soft touch dynamic cam lock.
• Adjustable bank stick uprights with soft touch cams for total grip.
• All time capability. Mud feet for platforms or rock hard ground. Screw up to expose points for extra purchase on soft ground.
• Main bar and side arms fitted with , soft touch , sure – lock hand wheels. Main bar and bankstick uprights feature soft touch , dynamic cams , eliminating flex and enhancing rigidity.
• Supplied with free dedicated Pod Case.
** bite alarms not included **
Code T2701 - Price £89.99
http://www.nashtackl...duct.php?id=799

mach3

mach3

• Members
  • 3,245 posts
Just in your price bracket and looks like a decent pod http://www.fishingre...roducts_id=3499

cobleyn

cobleyn

• Members
  • 2,923 posts
  • LocationI loved jessica rabbit until she ate all the bacon.
Thats a steal for £50!
Everything is better with bacon.

salokcinnodrog

salokcinnodrog

• Super Moderator
  • 23,235 posts
  • LocationNever Give in, always believe in your Ambitions and Dreams for they will come true

Just in your price bracket and looks like a decent pod http://www.fishingre...roducts_id=3499

Malc,
Handy little link that, Thanks

A friend of mine bought a pod from 5Lakes this year, and I wondered who made it, it is that little beast :wink:

Reckon it does pretty much everything; use as a pod, or as a goalpost and buzzer bar set-up.

I've copied and pasted this from the previous Defiant MPS thread, so it may be out of date, although if you click the quote link it should take you to the MPS website:

http://www.defiantmps.com[/url]"]Original Trident MPSThe Trident was the first product ever made by MPS. The "Multi Purpose System" (from which the company name was derived) was designed at the request of a friend who wanted a pod which could also be used as separate bank sticks when pike fishing in the winter months.

Made from Marine Grade 316 Tubing , incorporating six unique clamping mechanism's to hold the 1/2" diameter Bank sticks in place. Can be built to customers own size requirements.

For easy transportation,the end sections can be stored complete inside a folded bed chair, meaning set up times are extremely quick.
The Trident is a highly versatile setup which can be used in the following configurations:
* 2 Rod Pod setup
* 3 Rod Pod setup
* 2 Rod Goal Post setup
* 3 Rod Goal Post setup
* Or as 3 Rod Single Bank Stick setup

Standard spec-
18" wide and fitted with a Centre Shaft that extends to over 50"allowing the Butt ring to be positioned behind the buzzer if required.
Fitted with 12" and 9 1/2" long , 1/2" Dia Bank sticks.
PRICE £140.00 + postage

Trident MPS (HD)
The Trident HD is a heavy duty version of the Trident MPS, fitted with 15mm diameter bank sticks fitted .
This is a very serious bit of kit.
Price - £180.00

Trident S Type

Why the "S" Type some have asked ? well it's a Sleek , Streamlined , Sturdy version of the original Trident concept ( a hell off a lot of thought has gone in to it's design!)
Built like a tank but only weighing 3.1kg and still made from 316 Marine Grade Tubing (the best!)
100% rigid in design with no "Wobble" anywhere. Even the Locking screws have been specially designed to lock the Bank Sticks in place without causing any damage to them ,due to the mate Brass threaded inserts , they even have coin slots in the top designed to fit a 50p piece exactly!

The Cross members which hold the Bank sticks can be set as low as 3" off the deck , so their's nothing to interfere with the middle Indicator. Also the Centre shaft will extend to over 55"long so any known rod will fit with the Butt ring behind the Alarm.

The Centre Shaft fitment has been made so a quick turn and it's locked - I can set my own up in under 5 seconds!
Is available in 3 widths - 16" 18" & 20" wide,and can be any of the 3 at either end.
Fitted with 91/2" and 12" long 1/2" Dia Bank Sticks as standard
Price - £140.00

2 Rod Trident S Type

At request of customers a 2 Rod version of the Trident "S" has been developed but fitted as standard with 91/2"& 12" long Bank Sticks
Price - £110.00

Trident C Type

For those after a lightweight Trident,well here it is The Trident C Type, made from high grade thick walled Carbon Fibre Tube and Soild Carbon Inners.

Weighing 1.3kg and that's with Stainless Augers and Fittings!

14" 16" or 18" wide, extending to over 50" in length, fitted with 81/2" & 11" extending Bank Sticks as standard.

Lightweight Pods have always been prone to problems of shaking in the wind, getting blown over or even dragged in! But the Trident design with it's six legs seems to have over come all of these problems, having the ability of being able to screw any of the 6 Bank Sticks into the deck independently, means you can "Bolt it to the deck!"

And don't forget for your money you are getting a :
3 Rod Pod
2 Rod Pod
6 independent Bank Sticks (without having to remove Buzzers or Butt Grips)
2 Rod Goal Post set up
3 Rod Goal Post set up

The Thumb Screws have been specially designed with Nylon Threads, this is to stop the Inners and Outers of the Bank Sticks from looking like they have been "chewed with a Mouse!" (As was noticed in Prototypes, which had been fitted with metal threaded Thumb Screws)

As with all Carbon products, a bit of TLC is required. Don't for one minute ever think Carbon Fibre is as strong and durable as Stainless Steel. Handled with a bit of care it will last a lifetime, but please don't go bashing the Bank Sticks into the deck!

Stainless Augers fitted to the BankSticks
Special Nylon threaded Thumb screws.
Price - £200.00 complete

Defiant MKII Wraith Pod

The MKII Wraith Pod provides a ultra low stable platform in one lightweight Stainless unit, Which needs no Buzz or Snag Bars or even Bank Sticks!

The Chassis is 20” wide in order to accommodate Big Pit Reels to within an inch of the floor! Also on the MKII, Extra Long Centre shafts have been designed to allow the positioning of the Rod's Butt Ring on the inside of the Buzzers if required.

The Twin Centre shafts allow there to be a large “void” the full length of the Chassis for the middle Rod to fit into.

To adjust the length you simply pull the end sections apart, the Centre Shafts don’t need or have any Locking Screws, they have been described as being similar in action to “ Pneumatic Pistons!"

The 4 Legs are also of a new threaded designed on the MKII, which comprise of 4” Long removable Solid Stainless Inner Rods, and adjustable Outer Legs providing 2 3/4" of adjustment each corner.

(Longer or Shorter Pairs of Inner legs can be purchased to provide a wider range of height settings)

The Outer Legs are fitted with Short Spikes as standard, or Self- Aligning Mud feet Optional extra, plus Buzzer Quick Release Fittings can be built into the Wraith.
Defiant Wraith Statistics
Weight: 2.7Kg
Width: 20”
Length: Closed = 281/2" Extended = 50"

Height: Front = 6 1/4" Back = 9"
Height: (Extended) + 2 3/4” at each Leg Position
Price: complete Unit = £100.00

Add-Ons* Set of 4 Self Aligning Mud Feet = £10.00
* Pairs of Inner Rods = £1.00 per Inch
( eg Pair of 8" Inner Rods = £8.00)

Built-in Buzzer Quick Release Fittings = £15.00
Built in Buzzer Q/R Fittings
Self-Aligning Mud Feet Inner /Outer Leg Removed

River Pod

The River Pod was originally designed as a complete two rod set up specifically for use on Rivers and Canals,for when mobility is paramount. Designed to fit into a sling with only the base Buzz Bar removed (a two second job) With the top Buzz Bar able to rotate 360 degrees in order to steamline the buzzers for transit.

The centre shaft is adjustable in length plus the base Buzz bar is adjustable , making rod positioning easy to achieve. The integral two rod Buzz bars are 12" wide in order to except any Rod/Reel set up.

The two front legs are of a "Free moving" design making setting up at the required angle easy to achieve,also the legs can be "Locked out" for if you wish to use the RP on solid ground or in a low position. All three legs are fitted with hardened s/steel Augers, and all Tubing is 316 marine grade stainless steel.

The River Pod has also been adopted for fishing large Foreign waters when the Rods need to be set up " beach caster style."
Length -36" closed position , 50"extended. Height-36" at the front.
Buzz bar Width- 12"
Price-£80.00

Nick

dougmoon

dougmoon

• Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • Locationcrazy on a ship of fools Anchored ofshore @ eastbourne
Although I hardly use it now my old jrc x-lite covers every eventuality.

Doug
always chasing that extra bite

igotink

igotink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

That looks like a great pod at a great price has anyone used it ???
ive also been offered a Nash pocket pod for 40 quid

mach3

mach3

• Members
  • 3,245 posts

The Pocket Pod has only one advantage, having owned and used one, in that it's very compact and light for carrying, but when in use it isn't very stable and in my opinion not worth the money. With rods on it looks ok but when you get a take and lift one of the rods the pod becomes unstable and will topple if you're not careful. Sold mine 2 weeks after buying it and would never buy another, new or 2nd hand.

igotink

igotink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

The Pocket Pod has only one advantage, having owned and used one, in that it's very compact and light for carrying, but when in use it isn't very stable and in my opinion not worth the money. With rods on it looks ok but when you get a take and lift one of the rods the pod becomes unstable and will topple if you're not careful. Sold mine 2 weeks after buying it and would never buy another, new or 2nd hand.

I will defo stay away from the pocket pod :)
I might try the theseus hx3 which you linked, it looks like a sturdy pod at a great price, thanks for all you help mach3 and everyone else , happy newyear

flashgordon1952

flashgordon1952

• Members
  • 293 posts

Hi everyone, i am on the market for a rod pod around the 50 quid mark, i am not sure if to purchase the Nash H Gun or Fox A pod??????? all comments are welcome :)
Thanks in advance, happy christams and happy newyear

I have the 3 rod EURO "tripod" pod and the only thing i can say against it, is that the pod needs to be pinned in through the hook underneath or just a weight of somesort hanged underneath. Its a lightweight and build quality is surpriseingly good and you get a very nice bag with it.
They RRP is £40 but i paid £25 for it at the brentwood carp fair..
I have one nash a holigan 2/3 rod it has had 5 years of very heavy use and is now looking very second hand indeed (most of the paint has scrubbed off ) but as i bought it s/h as a 2 rod pod but after 3 years the retaining clips broke off ! Then bought new arms and retaining clips from a 3 rod pod 2 years ago (i gather the owner had lost two of the supports) and still works but again the retaining clips are not working so bought 4 jubilee clips and now works well.
There is something to say about nash ! If a pod lasts a year in my hands it will last an average carping at least 3 years. As i tend to fish something like 100 days of fishing a year

dannyash

dannyash

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on the bank
I have the matrix patriot pod, a bit expensive and takes a bit of time to set up but once it's up it's rock solid. dan.

mrdevon

mrdevon

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationDevon
I need a pod for use down the canal as 99% of the swims are solid banks so sticks are defo out of the question. I like to move about a lot too so my criteria are as follows

• Lightweight
• Compact
• Fit into small rod quiver
• Stable
• Not cost the earth

Thanks

lessthanphil

lessthanphil

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
The JRC Xlite is decent - light, strong enough, stable, relatively inexpensive and comes with it's own carry bag that should fit in any holdall/quiver... I've got one for times when I just can't use banksticks.

However, it is pretty ugly and you can't get it very low to the ground, which may or may not be a drawback to you.

dannyash

dannyash

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on the bank
I use the solar sod pod, small, compact pretty lightweight. Also have a set of banksticks and buzz bars for certain occasions :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users