Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

"Seasonal" pack baits

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

tsuga

tsuga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I all the time hear guys at the carp pond say, "This is a good summer bait, winter bait, June bait, Wednesday bait, whatever bait..." ; or, "This bait works well in winter, but they won't bite it in summer, fall, whatever"

Can anyone give me a rough run-down on what baits work best in which season?

justcarpn

justcarpn

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationChina Grove NC
this might help some I don't know it has for me and a lot of others when it has been gone by. So here it is just for you. :D

march --- trout chow, mellow fruity

April ----- trout chow, strawberry

May ----- trout chow, hot cinnamon

June
July
Aug ---- millet, pack bait, rice

selp ----- trout chow

anytime bait ---- bread, grits, soybean meal, oats

JustCarp'N :D
the first pay-laker and the one that got them their name. :shock:
ty fishing what is growing at the time of year.

rclark12

rclark12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
What is a good winter and fall bait ?

al_k_holic

al_k_holic

• Members
  • 7 posts
i use either soybean meal or an oatmeal bait that i got off of ebay for 1.00. look-up seller "sweettoothexpress" on ebay and they have a efile they will send you for a buck, called 101 carp and catfish bait recipes! use the oatmeal bait one, but i substitute wheat germ for the cornmeal and i use the vanilla butter nut with the n-butric acid in it, that you can get from wacker baits online. hope this helps 8)

winningallthespots

winningallthespots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I fish tourneys and we do quite well we use grits and flovoring of your choice you take one box of family size and half a small box of quick grits and 1 can of cream corn like most pack baits be careful with the flavoring t is very possible to use way to much and they wont bite we have recently caught a 36.6 at the pay lake called lenords in greer S.C

cagmember

cagmember

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBig Stone Gap Virginia
The best way to figure out what bait to use is to go by the temp chart
Oats in the summer
or Oil based Boilies
For winter use Bread and bird seed base Boilies

justcarpn

justcarpn

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationChina Grove NC
In the winter use Chow, Bread and grits and you should catch fish. there are some baits on here if you look around for them. hope that this helps. PC 8) JustCarp'N

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users