Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Korda Goo

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

carefulcarping

carefulcarping

• Members
  • 1,984 posts
  • LocationWrong side of the lake
I don't want to start a Korda hate thread, so please dont flame this topic.

Has anybody used this product yet? As usual korda talk the talk and it's being flying off the shelves, but is it as good as they say?

I don't intend to use it, but I'm just curious about this product. I know most products are a sales ploy, but this just seems a bit different to the usual stuff you see on the market.

And in true Korda style the price tag isn't cheap in the slightest.

Ross :)

blanksalot

blanksalot

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationBlankinshire (lincs)
I saw ali & co using it on tight lines recently, seemed to work for them :roll:

Glug in a squeezy bottle......why did'nt i think of that :oops: :lol:

carefulcarping

carefulcarping

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

I saw ali & co using it on tight lines recently, seemed to work for them :roll:

Glug in a squeezy bottle......why did'nt i think of that :oops: :lol:

Havnt got sky so havnt watched thinking tackle in ages.

I've seen glug in a spray bottle, but a squeeze bottle is also good. Dosnt a flow appear around the bait allegedly too?

johnplumb

johnplumb

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • LocationReading Berks
I intend to get some for my next trip out , if it works happy days if not another few quid down the drain . Fact is all of the best/popular baits and additives started somewhere . i like the fact it's easy to apply just before the cast , we shall see.

blanksalot

blanksalot

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationBlankinshire (lincs)
Try this item num on e bay 160743805040

It does this for several hours.

http://boilie.co.uk/...09923310340.jpg

carefulcarping

carefulcarping

• Members
  • 1,984 posts
Definitely John, something simple but could be very affective. And a lot less messier.

salokcinnodrog

salokcinnodrog

• Super Moderator
  • 23,781 posts
  • LocationNever Give in, always believe in your Ambitions and Dreams for they will come true
And Korda were the first were they?

http://www.visionbai.../EctoPlasm.aspx

iambunn

iambunn

• Members
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire
I can't imagine alot of the glug would stay on the hookbait once it has entered the water at high speed!
It's like that and that's the way it is!

nigewoodcock

nigewoodcock

• Moderators
  • 3,630 posts
  • LocationLittle birds make me squeal like a girl!

From what I gather, Korda are just helping with the marketing. It's not their product!

So the reason that people think it's a new idea is because, love them, hate them or treat them as just another brand; Korda have the best marketing strategies in the business.

There is also a bait company in Wrexham that may have been using this sort of thing in their baits before Vision's ectoplam and the goo came around.
I can't remember their name, heard about them in the tackle shop on Friday.

chillfactor

chillfactor

• Members
  • 2,123 posts
  • LocationCotswolds
having a squeeze bottle for your glug is nothing new but the trail of scent this stuff leaves is like the halo bait ive seen advertised not used either but will be interested in any results that are posted :wink:

ozzyakadrew

ozzyakadrew

• Members
  • 307 posts
Hi i think demon baits have a fluro glug and a product called cloud generate that dose the same sort of thing ie puts a cloud around your bait in clear water it has been around for a while now.

emmcee

emmcee

• Members
  • 1,030 posts
the same with bankside tackles "D-scent" been around a number of years in 3 or 4 flava's

carefulcarping

carefulcarping

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

From what I gather, Korda are just helping with the marketing. It's not their product!

So the reason that people think it's a new idea is because, love them, hate them or treat them as just another brand; Korda have the best marketing strategies in the business.

There is also a bait company in Wrexham that may have been using this sort of thing in their baits before Vision's ectoplam and the goo came around.
I can't remember their name, heard about them in the tackle shop on Friday.

First I heard of it Nick :D

I didn't know that Nige, as I say I havnt looks into the product at all just wondered what peoples opinions where, and you are right I agree that Korda have the best sales strategies an was un aware they where helping out another company

Ross

chillfactor

chillfactor

• Members
  • 2,123 posts
  • LocationCotswolds

the same with bankside tackles "D-scent" been around a number of years in 3 or 4 flava's

good stuff you local to bankside tackle emmcee ?

coops_northants

coops_northants

• Members
  • 5,636 posts
  • LocationFill it in, you know you want to.
A lot of these are made on a different basis to this goo.

Things like ectoplasm, very simple to make and something most bait companies know how to produce and all understand that it is just a gimmick.

That said I am not convinced by this goo, the pure fact that the statement in carp talk started, every year we see things like this made to catch the angler, but this is different. Oldest marketing tool in the book tell everyone what they would think then prove how this differs, 4 carp cups for south Africa blah blah.

Invitation to view demonstration, conducted at Drayton. From the photo I saw it was tested in the known hot swims and also looked like that person was the only person fishing the boards. How could you fail and of course you would do better that most around you, most space on the best area of the lake which is the best area even when it's rammed.

This being said, it offers something visual. It also has stimulants and palatents added, so will have some worth. But didn't we have red venom years back which was very very similar?

You get this effect from some white pop ups and wafters, which I believe is from the white fluro powder dye and titanium dioxide mixing with the water creating a haze, could explain why white produces quite well on most waters.

I am sure the answers behind this product are very simple, as with most baits and for me the only test for this product is time.
Noddy land

carefulcarping

carefulcarping

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

A lot of these are made on a different basis to this goo.

Things like ectoplasm, very simple to make and something most bait companies know how to produce and all understand that it is just a gimmick.

That said I am not convinced by this goo, the pure fact that the statement in carp talk started, every year we see things like this made to catch the angler, but this is different. Oldest marketing tool in the book tell everyone what they would think then prove how this differs, 4 carp cups for south Africa blah blah.

Invitation to view demonstration, conducted at Drayton. From the photo I saw it was tested in the known hot swims and also looked like that person was the only person fishing the boards. How could you fail and of course you would do better that most around you, most space on the best area of the lake which is the best area even when it's rammed.

This being said, it offers something visual. It also has stimulants and palatents added, so will have some worth. But didn't we have red venom years back which was very very similar?

You get this effect from some white pop ups and wafters, which I believe is from the white fluro powder dye and titanium dioxide mixing with the water creating a haze, could explain why white produces quite well on most waters.

I am sure the answers behind this product are very simple, as with most baits and for me the only test for this product is time.

Great points there Coops...Testing at drayton? You can catch on most stuff there, not really a great selling point haha.

Completely agree with your points, and forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe you have a lot to do with bait making so you probably no the ins and outs with this product (as well as other people on this forum)

Cheers for your feedback

Ross

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests
to me its another coy thats gonna catch alot of anglers and not many fish, its only gonna get worse aswell lads :?

people will never learn, a big fat wriggling lob worm is cheaper and alot more inviting to a carp on a heavily pressured water when its been tiping it down with rain like today :lol:

hookedoncarp

hookedoncarp

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire
As no one above seems to have actually used the product yet ill have a bash. I bought some a few days after the product was released. Ive been using it on my PVA bags on every cast and haven't caught a fish yet. Ive had a lot more knocks and line bites which im putting down to smaller fish getting attracted into the swim but thats about it.

marty_h

marty_h

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • LocationBeside The Lake
I tried some of the Halo boilies that my mate gave to me and yes they look the part but did not catch me a thing so glad i had not wasted money on them ill stick with what i normally use :wink:

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests
i just wonder how much more wacky and weirder carp baits are gonna get to be honest, would be interesting to see what it will look like in 10 years time :?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users