Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What is the average life span for carp in this country

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

davidash

davidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Any one know?:confused:

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests
aparently 47 years but all depend like this 1 smokes so wont last much longer lol
toasted

davidash

davidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Thats a little supriseing as i thought they lived a lot longer then that. Nice fish by the way, were and with what did you catch it. :eek:

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests
i caught it from the new forest water park i had it on bio plex freezer bait from richworth the 1st lake is verry weedy so i just chucked the marker rod about till i found a spot of gravel in a hole in the weed it was 24 lbs
toasted

davidash

davidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
I think ive heard of the New Forest, were is it?.

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests
nr salisbury wilts well hampshire realy
toasted

davidash

davidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
I live in liverpool so it might a bit far for me. Is this a regular place for you.

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests
yea its a syndicate i joined but it was day ticket its quite pricey but i fish loads so it works out cheap
what about you where do you fish localy?
toasted

davidash

davidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
There happens to be some good place's for me to fish but the problem is i havent really vetured out. Instead, just across the field are my local pits. They are 300 year old clay pits and were ran by the local police for 20 odd years. Recently the ponds were open to the public, its farely unknown + its 25 and over. Its is a hard place to fish at times but there are 25lb+ carp as well as a good selection of other fish.

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests
sounds good have you tried pre-baiting or mass baiting?
toasted

davidash

davidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
I fish here most weekends and always carry plenty of bait. I dont purposly pre bait but i do use a lot of ground bait and fish the same spots. What would you recommend

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests
try finding some underwater features like gravel bars or even lilly beds and go there 3 days before fishing say wednesday chuck as much bait in as you can aford say 5 kilo+ of pellets,boilies or particles or all 3 then fish over the top fri or sat then repeat till you catch the biggy gradualy the fish will expect to find bait in that spot and will feed confidently if your going to fish there alot instead of 1 off sessions id baitup say mon,wed and friday fish all weekend but ive got lots of free time so i generaly fish 7 days at a time so i bait up while i fish as most swims go so i cant pre bait as such
what i do is find the gravel then pull back till you feel the lead hit the edge of the silt and leave it there
toasted

davidash

davidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
I'll give it ago. I need all the help i can get at the moment. I've only ever caught 2 carp, the biggest 11lb. There are 6 interlinked ponds (1 acher) and the farmer is offen to busy working his farm to keep them trimmed. One pond at the back is totally sorounded by thick bush and has been for a couple of years. People dont bother with it. It is possble to get in there if you cut back some of the overgrowth. i know the place wont be disturbed so i'll target a specific spot. All the ponds are deep and the fish can move between them. The back pond is a bit of a sanctuary i think, so it should be good spot.

What do you think?

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests
yea go for it
if the spot you decide to fish is weedy id get a rake head on a rope and clear where you want to fish then pile the bait in and the fish will keep it clear might be worth getting loads of frozen sweetcorn and using that if there isnt many small fish
id just use boilies and big pellets so you know the carp are eating them instead of small stuff any boilies by mainline will be good or mistral are cheaper if you want
or even dare i say it badger euro boilies my mate bought a load this wknd and he done ok but not as good as me lol
also if your going to use pellets buy a 20-25 kilo sack as it will save you alot of money and you will use them all
toasted

davidash

davidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Thanks for the advise, maybe i'll let you know how i get on in a few weeks.

Signing off:o

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests
yea cool good luck mate
toasted

hicksy11

hicksy11

• Members
  • 301 posts
47 years is still along time!!
wen a carp dies on a water dos the baliff then hav to scoop it out?
that would be heart breakin if i was a baliff scooping out a dead 52lb carp aged 47 died of old age!!!
if u catch a carp dos that make them live a little shorter time than the carp that havent been caught?

davidash

davidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
how do we know its 47 years.

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests
i typed carp life span into google and it was 1st 1 i looked at but sounded about right lol
how long do you reckon they live?
toasted

davidash

davidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
http://www.geocities...a/carpinfo.html

Says here there is recorded 70 years old carp in uk waters

average, approx 50.

Imagine catching a 70 year old 60lb carp:rolleyes: