Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Nanpantan Reservoir

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

carpingod150

carpingod150

• Members
  • 3,549 posts
  • LocationWell, I'm definetely not pyramid selling.
Has anyone fished at nanpantan reservoir near loughborough, in leicestershire, I've only been once, but I blanked, although I did see a bloke get a 22lb mirror from the other side of the lake.

The problem is, apart from the water tower, there are no features to fish to that you can see?!?

Here's a pic

http://maps.live.com...91307&encType=1

(it does work, just takes a while to load??? :x )

carper_matt

carper_matt

• Members
  • 313 posts
Have you got the marker rod out and had a feel around? Ive heard the margins produce well at night.

tonybranno

tonybranno

• Members
  • 5,227 posts
I used to fish it at the very start of my carp fishing learning curve. I never caught anything either but then i again i wasnt geared up to fish a place like that, either tackle wise, mentally or through my technical skills or experience.

I wouldnt mind giving it another go now though but ive heard its days only, so night fishing is not allowed.

carper_matt

carper_matt

• Members
  • 313 posts
Its days only on the day ticket, if you buy a proper ticket you can do nights.

darrens

darrens

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
are there any inlet or outlets for the water?

carpingod150

carpingod150

• Members
  • 3,549 posts
there's 1 outlet but it's pretty murky doesn't look very carpy

tonybranno

tonybranno

• Members
  • 5,227 posts

Its days only on the day ticket, if you buy a proper ticket you can do nights.

When ive spoken about Nanpantan reservoir to the lads in Bennetts they have never mentioned to me a ticket where you can fish the nights :?

carpingod150

carpingod150

• Members
  • 3,549 posts

Have you got the marker rod out and had a feel around? Ive heard the margins produce well at night.

Tried the marker mate, seriously, it's a bowl!

No bars, weed, silty patches etc

The problem is fish location, there isn't (apart from the fountain) any obvious fish holding areas!

666carpcatcher

666carpcatcher

• Members
  • 7,397 posts
  • LocationPink Teapots..........
Fished nanny a couple of times and never blanked, i always fish to the left of the inlet (in between the inlet and outlet) or just the other side of the outlet and casting about 40-60 yards out and always fished fishmeal boilies with stringers, the night ticket is a syndicate ticket and i believe there is about a 4 year waiting list :shock:

carpingod150

carpingod150

• Members
  • 3,549 posts
This was my thread too, forgot about it, but does anyone know of any baits that'll work instantly at Nanny? I'm only going for the day on wednesday :wink:

shaun1976

shaun1976

• Members
  • 8 posts
supposed to be a small depression in the center of the lake running from inlet to outlet, pinapple popups is a good bet know a few that swear by them on there

carpingod150

carpingod150

• Members
  • 3,549 posts

supposed to be a small depression in the center of the lake running from inlet to outlet, pinapple popups is a good bet know a few that swear by them on there

Thats what I was on yesterday, DT baits ones, about 40-60 yards out, to the right of the water tower, and I got one liner all day :(
Posted Image
The red blobs are where I was fishing, and have I labelled the inlet and outlet right?

666carpcatcher

666carpcatcher

• Members
  • 7,397 posts
Do we need to start worring about CG150 :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: you were only there yesterday :wink:

Posted Image

carpingod150

carpingod150

• Members
  • 3,549 posts
I wasn't too sure about which was the outlet and which was the inlet mate :wink:

gap

gap

• Members
  • 639 posts
  • LocationMilton Keynes
Not fished the place myself but have been told there's a large yellow buoy towards the north of the lake that's worth a cast or three
Beauty's in the eye of the beer holder

666carpcatcher

666carpcatcher

• Members
  • 7,397 posts

Not fished the place myself but have been told there's a large yellow buoy towards the north of the lake that's worth a cast or three

Nah mate thats the drawing pin from the map :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont think there is but could be (mental block going on) :wink:

tonybranno

tonybranno

• Members
  • 5,227 posts

I thought it was a map pin :wink:

666carpcatcher

666carpcatcher

• Members
  • 7,397 posts

Beat ya :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gap

gap

• Members
  • 639 posts
  • LocationMilton Keynes
oh dear.. my sense of humour's a tad too dry tonight, best I wet it with another can of beer :lol:
Beauty's in the eye of the beer holder

tonybranno

tonybranno

• Members
  • 5,227 posts

Beat ya :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah ya did :lol: :wink: :roll:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users