Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

groundbait vs particle bait?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

wncmatthew

wncmatthew

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

i have a few quick questions.....im trying to fish with a method lead rig and ive seen some videos on people using a bag of ground bait mix for there methods.....and some using baits like ( oatmeal, corn, vanilla extract ).............which one would be better for carp in the US.......And i guess particle bait like ( bird seed, hemp seeds, millet,  etc.) is for chumming??? or can you use that to for method leads 

carpmachine

carpmachine

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
  • LocationNORTHAMPTON

I am struggling with the terminology buddy, i am in the UK, and the method employs a large groundbait feeder with a short hooklink behind it, the lead id a fixture inside the feeder, a wet groundbait made very sticky is squezzed around the feeder and the rod is at right angles to the water, no strike should be attempted, just wait till the baitrunner indicates a carp has hooked itself, what you are describing is a bolt rig with a bag of loose feed not in the broadsense the method, if you Pm me i will gladly give you a killer method mix but has to be used as i described otherwise your way it will melt the bags before it hits the water.

I'm not paranoid, they really are out to get me :-(

ianain

ianain

Still squeezing

• Members
  • 2,702 posts
  • LocationNorthants

And I guess particle bait like ( bird seed, hemp seeds, millet,  etc.) is for chumming???

Yes you are correct, in the UK we call them particles, which just refers to any smallish baits put into the swim. Maize is also considered a particle, there is a list of particles as a sticky in the bait section with instructions on how to prepare them before use.

or can you use that to for method leads

If the method you are talking about is the same as described by CM (carpmachine) then you have to do something to it to make it stick to the feeder, which usually implies that you have to grind it up.

Setting rods in catch pattern Crayfish π :smile:

Good stuff doin' do the biz, raising the price :o

Solar hit by lightning - My Camp looking good and I'm feeling superior :smile:

Best advice I can give is - if what you are doing isn't working, try it somewhere else :twisted: NOT!

ianain

ianain

Still squeezing

• Members
  • 2,702 posts
  • LocationNorthants

Here's the particle preparations I was talking about

See this as well on groundbaits

Setting rods in catch pattern Crayfish π :smile:

Good stuff doin' do the biz, raising the price :o

Solar hit by lightning - My Camp looking good and I'm feeling superior :smile:

Best advice I can give is - if what you are doing isn't working, try it somewhere else :twisted: NOT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users