Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

First fish of the year

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

nigewoodcock

nigewoodcock

• Moderators
  • 4,728 posts
  • LocationLittle birds make me squeal like a girl!
Had a couple of hours spare this afternoon some went down the lake for a bit with the rods.
Literally 5 minutes after casting in the rig, over 3 spods of bait, the rod was off!
I was just getting the second rod out the sleeve!!!! I used the same B5, black snail and B5 pellet mix again with the added liquid B5 food. Absolutely instant attraction to a bait that they must now be accepting as a good food source. Being the bailiff and only having a select few members on the lake, I know exactly what bait goes in and I'm the only one on essential. The weekly baiting I do, throughout the year including winter, is really paying off.

ace2e6f9ee5b7ecc41f9f5d4e52169d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • dayvid, markspod, yonny and 6 others like this

Carpbell_ll

Carpbell_ll

• Members
  • 657 posts

You are making this winter fishing look all too easy, the park pond i walked around today had a lid on most of it and that was at mid-day.

nigewoodcock

nigewoodcock

• Moderators
  • 4,728 posts
  • LocationLittle birds make me squeal like a girl!

A 1/4 of my lake has been frozen since last week when I was there.

spr1985

spr1985

• Members
  • 825 posts
Awesome looking fish fella! Well in!

buzzbomb

buzzbomb

• Moderators
  • 2,639 posts
  • LocationRegina, Saskatchewan, and Oliver, British Columbia, Canada

Nice one!

I've got my eye on you.

yonny

yonny

• Members
  • 686 posts

Proper looker. Well done.

bivvystreet

bivvystreet

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

top winter fishing sir and a lovely fish  :razz:

crusian

crusian

• Members
  • 719 posts

It's great to see someone getting the rewards from their hard graft ; there seems to be quite a few on the Forum who soldier on with very little to show for all their efforts .

:wink:

spr1985

spr1985

• Members
  • 825 posts

It's great to see someone getting the rewards from their hard graft ; there seems to be quite a few on the Forum who soldier on with very little to show for all their efforts .

:wink:

I'm out at the weekend hopefully I can add a pic that has something other than rods and robins in it

crusian

crusian

• Members
  • 719 posts

I'm out at the weekend hopefully I can add a pic that has something other than rods and robins in it

Go Spr ! .

kevtaylor

kevtaylor

• Members
  • 2,334 posts

Well done Nige - great stuff!

• nigewoodcock likes this

chillfactor

chillfactor

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • LocationCotswolds

Had a couple of hours spare this afternoon some went down the lake for a bit with the rods.
Literally 5 minutes after casting in the rig, over 3 spods of bait, the rod was off!
I was just getting the second rod out the sleeve!!!! I used the same B5, black snail and B5 pellet mix again with the added liquid B5 food. Absolutely instant attraction to a bait that they must now be accepting as a good food source. Being the bailiff and only having a select few members on the lake, I know exactly what bait goes in and I'm the only one on essential. The weekly baiting I do, throughout the year including winter, is really paying off. ace2e6f9ee5b7ecc41f9f5d4e52169d1.jpg

Cracking fish mate 8-) 8-) 8-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

spr1985