Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Would you consider this "bullying in the workplace"...............

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

smufter

smufter

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex
Oh well. The working day is coming to a close and the general manager hasn't said a word to me.
Sales manager has reverted to type.
Offered to give a whole £60.00 off of a £12495. car to a customer to pay to have his dashcam installed, which he agreed to and was then moaning about it being plus VAT (an extra £12.00)
We only had £3500 profit in the car.
The censorship bots on here won't let me post what I think of him.
Has all just made me more determined to go.

Edited by smufter, Today, 05:01 PM.

Keeping it simple..... :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

crusian

crusian

• Members
  • 719 posts

Hi CM and Smufter 

I'm just playing catch up .

I'm sorry to learn you suffer from Asthma , CM , I guess you have an inhaler ? .

So when you were first employed did your employers not know you were an Asthmatic ? .

What are the triggers that give you an attack ? , because if it's stress surely your employer is creating a vicious circle by stressing you out ? .

Ooh Smufter what will you do ? .

Take your customer base with you , depending on your answer to   Cyborx's post , and start a new job ? .

Has the leopard changed his spots permanently , or do you go with the Manager you know that you can get on with ? .

Blimey , I'm glad I don't have to make the choice :confused:  .

I wonder how Stevo is getting on ? . 

crusian

crusian

• Members
  • 719 posts

Oh well. The working day is coming to a close and the general manager hasn't said a word to me.
Sales manager has reverted to type.
Offered to give a whole £60.00 off of a £12495. car to a customer to pay to have his dashcam installed, which he agreed to and was then moaning about it being plus VAT (an extra £12.00)
We only had £3500 profit in the car.
The censorship bots on here won't let me post what I think of him.
Has all just made me more determined to go.

Ah , that's just answered my post  :smile:

smufter

smufter

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex
Unfortunately, I can't take the customer database with me. Wish I could. But your "typical" Nissan buyer wouldn't look at a Peugeot anyway, so I'm starting afresh.
  • crusian likes this

dayvid

dayvid

• Members
  • 848 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Well take your customer base anyway and see what happens .

If you do decide to leave ,can you erase your customer base from the system.

Good luck with what ever you decide

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit ,wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

dayvid

dayvid

• Members
  • 848 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Unfortunately, I can't take the customer database with me. Wish I could. But your "typical" Nissan buyer wouldn't look at a Peugeot anyway, so I'm starting afresh.

Sorry didnt read the first part properly .

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit ,wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

carpmachine

carpmachine

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
  • LocationNORTHAMPTON

Hi CM and Smufter 

I'm just playing catch up .

I'm sorry to learn you suffer from Asthma , CM , I guess you have an inhaler ? .

So when you were first employed did your employers not know you were an Asthmatic ? .

What are the triggers that give you an attack ? , because if it's stress surely your employer is creating a vicious circle by stressing you out ? .

Ooh Smufter what will you do ? .

Take your customer base with you , depending on your answer to   Cyborx's post , and start a new job ? .

Has the leopard changed his spots permanently , or do you go with the Manager you know that you can get on with ? .

Blimey , I'm glad I don't have to make the choice :confused:  .

I wonder how Stevo is getting on ? . 

Been there 15 years now, i have never hidden the fact that i suffer from asthma although i dont broadcast it either, the health people are well aware, its not bad but requires maintenence days occassionally, otherwise chest infections will follow, it is illegal to give warnings for disability, trouble is not too many know asthma is classed in this way, but a greivance for victimisation has given them a headache.

I'm not paranoid, they really are out to get me :-(

snowmanstevo

snowmanstevo

• Members
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationChanged my profile pic by my phone ..... I am a techno genius .....FACT :)
Well the union have intervened and said we need more time to discuss the situation so the've give us till the end of the month. Work has picked up slightly so it's not all doom and gloom,but,it's not a nice place to be atm. Mondays over with 4 more shifts to the wk end ! 😂😂😂
On the wagon but really want to jump off into a barrel of Guinness!

crusian

crusian

• Members
  • 719 posts

Been there 15 years now, i have never hidden the fact that i suffer from asthma although i dont broadcast it either, the health people are well aware, its not bad but requires maintenence days occassionally, otherwise chest infections will follow, it is illegal to give warnings for disability, trouble is not too many know asthma is classed in this way, but a greivance for victimisation has given them a headache.

What is the matter with your  employers CM ? , surely they must realise if you get a chest infection through not taking care of your Asthma you would be off work longer than a couple of days - muppets ! .

Best of luck with your case for victimisation .

:wink:  

crusian

crusian

• Members
  • 719 posts

Well the union have intervened and said we need more time to discuss the situation so the've give us till the end of the month. Work has picked up slightly so it's not all doom and gloom,but,it's not a nice place to be atm. Mondays over with 4 more shifts to the wk end !

Jigging for Perch at the Weekend to cheer yourself up Stevo ? .

:smile:

carpmachine

carpmachine

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
  • LocationNORTHAMPTON

They are trying to improve their absence figures and probably thought i was an easy target and my knowledge of employment law could influence others to go down this route, we shall see, as the warning was illegal, if they dont uphold the greivance they are digging a big hole for themselves and a tribunal will not be kind, but its such a pain.

smufter

smufter

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex
Just a bit of advice if someone could help??
If I have handed my notice in as required and am prepared to work it, can my company withhold any commission I would have earned on cars already sold should they decide to let me go early? I appreciate that I will lose the commission on cars collected after my leaving date but I'm specifically talking about cars that I would have been able to hand over had I been allowed to work my notice. Hope that makes sense??

snowmanstevo

snowmanstevo

• Members
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationChanged my profile pic by my phone ..... I am a techno genius .....FACT :)
No mate not done no perch fishing this year..... it's been a feet up stay warm type of winter for me so far .... 😂😂😂

Edited by snowmanstevo, Today, 08:00 PM.

• crusian likes this
On the wagon but really want to jump off into a barrel of Guinness!

carpmachine

carpmachine

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
  • LocationNORTHAMPTON

If I have handed my notice in as required and am prepared to work it, can my company withhold any commission I would have earned on cars already sold should they decide to let me go early? I appreciate that I will lose the commission on cars collected after my leaving date but I'm specifically talking about cars that I would have been able to hand over had I been allowed to work my notice. Hope that makes sense??

Very short answer, no, if you have earned the money, it is unlawful to withold it.

crusian

crusian

• Members
  • 719 posts

They are trying to improve their absence figures and probably thought i was an easy target and my knowledge of employment law could influence others to go down this route, we shall see, as the warning was illegal, if they dont uphold the greivance they are digging a big hole for themselves and a tribunal will not be kind, but its such a pain.

Hopefully you can throw yourself into planning the Spring Social / preparing your tactics and particles for the Spring to take your mind off things .

I know that fishing keeps me sane .

:wink:

carpmachine

carpmachine

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
  • LocationNORTHAMPTON

very soon buddy.

spr1985

spr1985

• Members
  • 825 posts

Very short answer, no, if you have earned the money, it is unlawful to withold it.

Not 100% sure but I think what cm says goes for any vehicle that you sell irrelevant of hand over date... even if it's after you leave. It will depend on the wording of your contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carpmachine

carpmachine

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
  • LocationNORTHAMPTON

If you get any problems, the local small claims court will retrieve it for, the fee is small/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

smufter