Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Where to get Carp Rods in USA (GA if poss?)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

mattbinga

mattbinga

• Members
  • 1 posts
Firstly I am a newbie to the site so apologies if this isn't posted in the correct area.

I have been living in the USA for 2 years and I want to try some Carp fishing. I sold my tackle before moving to the USA so I am more or less starting from scratch.

I presume big pit or BR reels should be easy enough to locate, but rods and end tackle I need some advice?

Any advice would be appreciated. Also if anyone has fished Lake Allatoona or any other lakes for Carp in GA I'love some tips or locations to try.

Regards

Matt B "in" GA

Gaz

Gaz

• Super Moderator
  • 5,256 posts
  • Locationwhere the fish aint
you could try here www.cabelas.com dont know if they will deliver to you or not though
<p>we are ROTTENHAM from the lane

buzzbomb

buzzbomb

• Moderators
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationRegina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Try bigcarptackle.com (that's the americancarpsociety.com on-line store), royalcarp.com, resistancetackle.com, wackerbaits.com, psfishing.com. Cabela's has something called the Predator in 11' with various tc's. There's buy and sell boards on a couple of the American carp forums too.

holdempole

holdempole

• Members
  • 1 posts
Bass pro has some good rod combos

winningallthespots

winningallthespots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
for carp fishing I use the 7 foot telescopic bass pro shop extreme in a heavy action and shimano 300s calcutta reels baitcasters stands that hold the reels and the rod in one pice is my prefrence and when pointed down when they pul the rod will stand up

hoppy4

hoppy4

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationWaldorf, MD 20601-2705
mattbinga,
buzzbomb has put you on the right track for obtaining Carp Fishing Gear here in the USA! These are dealers that are starting to cater to the US Carp Fishermen and Women. Take a look at the CAG site as a LARGE Group of Carp Anglers are in GA and it would do you well to get in contact with some of them. JMHO!

HOPPY4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users