Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

stick mix

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

thecarpkid1990

thecarpkid1990

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Locationcloser than you think
hey, was just wondering about stick mixes what would you consider 2 be the best recipe for a stick mix??

neilscatchin

neilscatchin

• Members
  • 2,717 posts
  • LocationSomerset
Whatever works! Look at the groundbait sticky at the top for ideas,only limitation is your imagination and the more imaginative you are the chance is you'll be different to every other angler and it'll pay dividends.
I use a two part mix,consisting of a small amount of my boilie base mix for the hook to pull into and a coarser mix of crumbed boilies,ground 2mm pellets,tuna,crushed hemp,liquidised maggots/worms and various liquid foods/dips which if used through the whole stick could mask the hookpoint. :wink:

tonybranno

tonybranno

• Members
  • 5,227 posts
The only limits is your imagination.

matt16

matt16

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationTAMWORTH
danny fairbrass swears buy using tuna in his stick mixes and in the new thinking tackle he uses red salmon from the tin

jake5

jake5

• Members
  • 2,663 posts
  • LocationThe master
and he puts the brime in it aswell

matt16

matt16

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationTAMWORTH
ye but in the colder the months the oil is hard to digest appartley

tonybranno

tonybranno

• Members
  • 5,227 posts

ye but in the colder the months the oil is hard to digest appartley

Even in the summer months the fish will find oils hard to digest. I try to stay away from bait with an excess amount of oil in them and if thats not possible then i try to keep their use very limited to save any damage to the fish.

matt16

matt16

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationTAMWORTH
didnt no they find it hard in summer to ill try and keep of them as much as i can you learn something new everyday cheers tony

hopefull

hopefull

• Members
  • 3,592 posts
  • LocationDucking bricks, bottles & smoke grenades
I use the method-mix powder that matches my boilies, then add some matching glug, some Solar Byt liquid, tuna flakes, dried out corn and hemp (not too much dried hemp though, as it floats), some pellet and broken boilies. This tends to be used in a solid PVA bag though, as opposed to a stick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users