Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

A strange conversation about womens hormones

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

jones5777

jones5777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales
The other week I was talking to a couple of fellas down at the lake, we were discussing how fish see, taste and detect different things. One of them said he was reading something about women being able to catch more than men, due to their hormones.

He was saying to rub some bait on your hands before handleing your rigs because of the nicotine and sweat etc... and than came out with this comment.

Is this true? the only reason I ask is because I have access to womens HRT (hormone replacement). If it is, do you think rubbing a bit on my leadcore would attract more carp? but more inportantly would it harm or pose any danger to the fish?

salokcinnodrog

salokcinnodrog

• Super Moderator
  • 23,525 posts
  • LocationNever Give in, always believe in your Ambitions and Dreams for they will come true
I know that Women have caught plenty of Big fish, in fact the UK Salmon Record is held by a women, Georgina Ballantyne. Also on a few trips it is recorded that the Female Partner has often caught the biggest fish. This is supposedly, as you say, down to the pheromones.

The one thing I would say is that using HRT is probably not a good idea as we don't know the effects, unless you are going to do a proper Scientific Test under Laboratory conditions. If you did so then would we be calling you Doctor or Professor?

Its the sort of thing that is genuine Scientific Research, and may make for interesting reading.

Is that where Kevin Maddocks got the idea for Love Juice flavour Boilies? :shock: :?
Nick

carpingod150

carpingod150

• Members
  • 3,549 posts
  • LocationWell, I'm definetely not pyramid selling.

I know that Women have caught plenty of Big fish, in fact the UK Salmon Record is held by a women, Georgina Ballantyne. Also on a few trips it is recorded that the Female Partner has often caught the biggest fish. This is supposedly, as you say, down to the pheromones.

No I've actually researched this, and this is down to a highly selective phenomena we in the know like to call sod's law! :wink:

happydave1

happydave1

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationstafford

If it is, do you think rubbing a bit on my leadcore would attract more carp?

If I were you I'd rub some on your leadcore while you've still got it if your taking hormone replacement :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

silly12sally

silly12sally

• Members
  • 1,439 posts
  • LocationThe act or process of locating. A place or site where someone can be located; a site.
I have heard this rumour but believe it to be a myth.

salokcinnodrog

salokcinnodrog

• Super Moderator
  • 23,525 posts
  • LocationNever Give in, always believe in your Ambitions and Dreams for they will come true

No I've actually researched this, and this is down to a highly selective phenomena we in the know like to call sod's law! :wink:

Not totally sure about Sod's Law.
At Taverham I had been trying for a 20lb Carp for years. I took Liz with me for a weeks Camping/Fishing Holiday in 2000. I got her to bait up for me one night and the only fish I caught all week came on the rod that she had put the bait on. It weighed 20lbs exactly. :?
Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users