Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

kent carp lakes?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Guest_cairngorm_*

Guest_cairngorm_*
  • Guests
i live in kent and i only really fish my local lake and ones in my club (tonbridge angling assocciation). i cant seem to find a lake that will be a good chance of catching my personal best carp. my PB is only 12 1/2 lbs (DONT LAUGH!) AND I FINANLY WANT TO CATCH A 20LBER. i would like to know where anh how to fish it ???

crayonhussy

crayonhussy

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
Orchard Farm near Tombridge wells and charlies lake near Ashford!

Guest_cairngorm_*

Guest_cairngorm_*
  • Guests
thanks mate but have they got a website

tonybranno

tonybranno

• Members
  • 5,227 posts
There are loads of lakes in Kent :? Kent is carp fishing central.

And there is no shame whatsoever in having a PB of 12.5lb. It took me years to get my first double and its all relative anyway. If your lake holds mostly single figure fish then your double is a big fish for that particular lake.

You can only catch whats in front of you mate :D

spudder

spudder

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationTunbridge Wells, Kent
i live in tunbridge wells and if u want any good lakes ill gisve you loads! give me ur msn and ill give u some good places worth a visit

chrispayne

chrispayne

• Members
  • 1,588 posts
I live in kent matey, I can put you on to a few little waters :wink:

charlieg

charlieg

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationKent
where abouts in tunbridge wells do you live mate? (pm if you prefer)

spudder

spudder

• Members
  • 210 posts
dunno if u meant me but near the sports centre :D

charlieg

charlieg

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationKent

dunno if u meant me but near the sports centre

Yeah i mean't you. What places do you go to then?

spudder

spudder

• Members
  • 210 posts
pembury is pretty good theres 2 places there, springwood(near bewl water), hawkhurst, birchden but its shut down now and couple of other places cant think right now :o
u??

jake5

jake5

• Members
  • 2,663 posts
  • LocationThe master
Nicholls pit in hythe is pretty good for the carp they go up to 40 in there and theres a good head of 20's in there

spurs4ever

spurs4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHoddesdon, Herts

Nicholls pit in hythe is pretty good for the carp they go up to 40 in there and theres a good head of 20's in there

I fished Nicholls for years and its not like it used to be, a few years ago they started to backfill it and the most productive swims disappeared. That said i had some good fish and my UK PB (which still stands now) was caught there.

There are bucket loads of fish there but i wouldnt call it a runs water, oh and watch out for the bailiff Derek, he can be a misery guts sometimes.

charlieg

charlieg

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationKent

pembury is pretty good theres 2 places there, springwood(near bewl water), hawkhurst, birchden but its shut down now and couple of other places cant think right now
u??

yeah i fish the lakes in pembury not bad, reasonably priced. Been to springwood, thats ok but the carp lake is a mission to get to if you have all your overnight gear for two people. Never fished hawkhurst heard about it but it's mean't to be pricey.

robbo1111

robbo1111

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEssex
How about chilham mill although its around £300 for the year you get loads of good waters including canals and there is some big fish in chilham

andrewtrace

andrewtrace

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationWork probably
I live in Tonbridge and was looking for somewhere quiet and local, i see someone said something about pembury - did not realise any lakes here so info would be good, also someone said Birchden closed down - any reason for this

Look forward to hearing
8)

spudder

spudder

• Members
  • 210 posts
yes there are two fisheries in pembury.
The pub in the high street (sorry dont know the name) has a road to the
side of it called Chalket Lane. Go down it for about 1/4 mile and you will
see a small plaque with Howfield Farm written on it. Go past this and after about 150m there is a right hand turning into a car park and a large sign
with the fishery rules on it.
The second fishery is also in Chalket Lane, this time just follow it right to the end until you reach a farm. You can see a car park and once you get there, there is an environment agency sign on one of the gates. you can see the first of two lake there.
Hope this helps! :D

P.S: Birchden Farm shut down cus the owner built his house where one of the barns used to be. :D

parhamandy

parhamandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Sorry to jump on the back of this thread but dont see tho point in starting another new one on the same sort of subject.

i live in Kent too and am going to be taking a friend fishing who has never been before so i would like to take him to a runs water that can be fished overnight so he is almost garunteed to catch. (i know it is never a certainty)

Any suggestions???

crayonhussy

crayonhussy

• Members
  • 1,117 posts

Sorry to jump on the back of this thread but dont see tho point in starting another new one on the same sort of subject.

i live in Kent too and am going to be taking a friend fishing who has never been before so i would like to take him to a runs water that can be fished overnight so he is almost garunteed to catch. (i know it is never a certainty)

Any suggestions???

Like I said above...Charlies lake, near Ashford is a bit of a runs water, lots of perch and loads of fish to catch there. Also you can get a day ticket for a day, 24 hours or the weekend. also got a match lake with a good head of carp that you can catch from the surface on bread which is always fun!

If you type in charlies lake in to google then you will get the website up, you can have a look yourself

parhamandy

parhamandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Thats brilliant thanks for the advice sounds like the ideal. If he catches it may encourage him to go again.

jay85

jay85

• Members
  • 3 posts
if not, you've always got monk lake, just outside of Maidstone, runs all year and decent chance of a 30 on the specimen lake, it aint a bad day ticket water

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users