Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

carp lake about an hour or so from calais

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

thecarpkid1990

thecarpkid1990

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Locationcloser than you think
hi guys looking to go back to france in the summer possibly. has anyone got any ideas or links to sites for a carp lake just outside calais??? an hour or so at most. or even in belgium????

all recommendations welcome

cheers

danny

jinksy

jinksy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

hi guys looking to go back to france in the summer possibly. has anyone got any ideas or links to sites for a carp lake just outside calais??? an hour or so at most. or even in belgium????

all recommendations welcome

night fishing on lakes in belgium is illegal so i understand

thecarpkid1990

thecarpkid1990

• Members
  • 129 posts
i dont get all that. i don't understand why there is reason to ban night fishing. as the majority of carp anglers are perfectly law abiding wouldnt you say.

anyway back to the question at hand, any lakes you guys know of???

carpoholic

carpoholic

• Members
  • 913 posts
There are very few lakes just outside Calais. Valdore is about 11/2 hours but most are 21/2-3 hours from the port. Have a look at the "Sticky" at the top of the page for a few ideas or have alook at Anglinglines website.

mach3

mach3

• Members
  • 3,246 posts
  • LocationBream catcher extraordinaire

i dont get all that. i don't understand why there is reason to ban night fishing. as the majority of carp anglers are perfectly law abiding wouldnt you say.

Different countries.....different laws.Some waters in France don't allow night fishing.Having said that, there are waters in the UK that won't allow night fishing either.

thecarpkid1990

thecarpkid1990

• Members
  • 129 posts

There are very few lakes just outside Calais. Valdore is about 11/2 hours but most are 21/2-3 hours from the port. Have a look at the "Sticky" at the top of the page for a few ideas or have alook at Anglinglines website.

with valdore i've looked at the prices etc but it doesn't say much about all enclusive etc etc. do you know roughly what the price for fishing and food is, as all i could find was fishing.

dondoncarp

dondoncarp

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationFolkestone
Try Vallee lake...about an hour from Boulogne if you cross with speedferries
It all started with a maggot

steve_carp

steve_carp

• Members
  • 7 posts

Try Vallee lake...about an hour from Boulogne if you cross with speedferries

hiya have you ever fished this lake before

pellethead

pellethead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNorthampton
Valdore is drive and survive only, by that i mean no food package. But you can get food there every day from the cafe. Daft i know but you can not book a food package as far as i know.

Vallee, yes ive fished it and would choose valdore out of the 2 of them, valdore is 5 mins down the road from Vallee and half the price with 5 times as many lakes to choose from.
Stella is my life blood

leemasser

leemasser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
hi there,

not fished valdore but my boss has fished vallee lake and i wouldnt recommend it,he went in june last year and there was only on person on the lake that caught and that was from the swim that comes with the main lodge.

another thing to note is that 90% of the fish pics on there website are at night, i dont mind catching during the night but want some action during the day aswell

just my views,trying to help u out.

why has it got to be an hour from calais??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users