Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

where is a good place to fish for carp in north Carolina

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

joeseabreaz

joeseabreaz

• Members
  • 4 posts
I am moving down to north carolina in the spring in boone nc is there any close places that carry some nice carp.

newt

newt

• Members
  • 240 posts
Welcome to you. At work right now so can't check but when I get home tonight I'll break out the atlas and give you some likely places and maybe even a person or two from the area who also like carping.

Where are you moving from?

joeseabreaz

joeseabreaz

• Members
  • 4 posts
hey newt sounds like you reely know about fishing you answer alot of questions for the people that ask them. I really apprietiate you looking in your atlas for me and replying back, im 14 years old and live in CT where i mostly fish for bass , and now i want to get into something bigger because the bass i catch arent big and catching carp sounds good. so i think im going to give it a try and see how its goes. im looking online how to learn about these fish in what they eat there habbitat and how to catch them.
THANKS ALOT FOR helping me see ya later

newt

newt

• Members
  • 240 posts
Boone is sorta up in the mountains so no large lakes really near you but a couple of places close to you look interesting. Cone Park is about 5-6 miles south and has three lakes (including one called Bass Lake) that hopefully should hold some carp. Not positive though since they are man-made lakes and carp certainly wouldn't have beenon their stocking program. 2-3 miles east of town you'll come to the south fork of the New River. Water is probably pretty fast but carp can and do live in fast water as long as it isn't too cold. Beautiful area up there and you should enjoy it.

I'm posting a couple of pictures from http://terraserver-usa.com/ . Great site if you have broadband. Not sure about dial-up though. If you want to do a little scouting, you can go there and start at Boone, NC and scan around the area.

Small river just east of town. The buildings in the photo are part of Boone.
River

Topo map just to show you how many streams are close by.
Lotsa creeks

And a shot of another lake just a little west of the Cone Park.
Price Lake I think

joeseabreaz

joeseabreaz

• Members
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the info and pictures ILL be looking foward to talking to you again with any other questions that I have for you because you know what you are talking about. Thanks alot you are the CARP INFO MASTER THANKS. WERE DO YOU LIVE?

newt

newt

• Members
  • 240 posts
newt

<-------------

tsuga

tsuga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I live in Boone. Mostly fish @ Gold's Fish Lake in Wilkesboro. It's a pay-lake. You may not be interested in that. Lots of pay lakes in the counties surrounding Watauga.

Don't think you'll find many BIG carp in Watauga County waters. I've heard there are some monsters in Watauga Lake (TN) and Kerr Lake (Wilkes County). I just do my fishing at the pay lakes though. I like the fun & fellowship.

carper40

carper40

• Members
  • 2 posts
i want to find paylakes around wilkes that pays decent money

kingaldridge

kingaldridge

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hey man livin in Boone. I go to App and my hometown is crossnore which is near by.
During the spring and summer you can find me most nights at one of the local paid ponds. Some guys on hear refer to fishing in wilkes but i haven't been down that way. I fish alot of pay ponds... Every where from morganton to Asheville... Ward's, Watson's, Silver's, The mudsling, Woodie's, Madison strait, Big Ivy, Deerfield, Charles, creekside, etc... is just a few ponds 45 mins to 2 hrs away from you.

I have always been amazed at the lack of websites these ponds have.

Man you can go to a lake like woodies and pay 30 bucks or you can go to a pond like wards and pay 75 bucks for fishing a night.

For starters if you are looking for "lake" carp their is no better place than wataugua lake. It's in tennesse and you have to pay for out of state license but it's well worth it.

If you are looking for a good pay pond I really like going to lake charles. Opinions are like assholes but I like fishing this pond. It's a 50 minute drive from boone down the mountain in morganton but it's worth it.

Let me know what you are looking for and I'm sure I can find you something that will fit your situation.

Kingaldridgethefirst@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users