Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

korda shocker rig death rig

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

stupoo

stupoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
is it just me or is that shocker rig with the inline with insert taken out on leadcore or tubing with a backstop behind lead not just a bit feckin stupid i'd of thought they'd of seen it before use

tonybranno

tonybranno

• Members
  • 5,227 posts

is it just me or is that shocker rig with the inline with insert taken out on leadcore or tubing with a backstop behind lead not just a bit feckin stupid i'd of thought they'd of seen it before use

I thought the same matey as well. Personally i do like the look of the rig but surely if the mainline parted then the stop bead would stop the lead from discharging from the rig?

But then again you could say the same about the helicopter/chod rigs!

pineaplepopup

pineaplepopup

• Members
  • 702 posts
  • Locationtamworth
i think the mainline breaks and the entire lot of tubing lead and beads slide of the line as well , just leaving the fish with the line and hooklength.

pineaplepopup

pineaplepopup

• Members
  • 702 posts
  • Locationtamworth
this would be deadly with leadcore because its fixed to the swivvel but tubing can slide of!

Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests
i would of thought that the stop bead is only there to cause the shock when the fish backs off with the rig. it should move up and slide off the tubing if any real pressure is applied to it such as a fish pulling against a snagged lead. anyway if set up correctly it will lose the lead in the event of a line breakage but the problem like badly set up heli rigs is when its not set up correctly.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users