Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

JRR Tolkien - Lord Of The Rings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

wickie2358

wickie2358

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationLost Somewhere In Time.
I've stayed away from reading this series of books, what with the massive hype and media sensation caused by the films. (In fact the media hype is the reason that I first heard of them) Now that the hype has subdued i've decided to pick up the first book. I'm only 192 pages into the book and its quite good. Better than i'd imagined it would be.

Discussion is welcomed in this thread :wink:

wafc67

wafc67

• Members
  • 3 posts
I read The Hobbit first, years ago now, and it eased me into The Lord of the Rings. One for when you finish the trilogy is The Silmarillion, it's a bit heavy going in parts but an amazing work. It describes the whole history of Middle Earth.

hopefull

hopefull

• Members
  • 3,592 posts
  • LocationDucking bricks, bottles & smoke grenades
I read The Hobbit when I was about 9 or 10yrs old and loved it, and progressed onto the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The films were good, but as is very often the case with films made from good novels, they cannot compare with the books at times. I love the depth they go into, the full immersion and imagery you acquire from reading them, and how some of the themes are still applicable nowadays.
I've wanted to read The Silmarillion for some time now, and I think I will have to go and get a copy soon.
Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you

wickie2358

wickie2358

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationLost Somewhere In Time.
Well, i have just finished the last book in the trilogy. I have been turned. 8)

A! Elbereth Gilthoniel!

tamworth_taz

tamworth_taz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
J R Tolkien grew up in Moseley birmingham (A fellow brummy). Many street names in Moseley now reflect the names from the middle earth in the book...

smokeymcpot

smokeymcpot

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Locationmy mind was stolen by ninja penguins....wearing blue jump suits!!!!
fantastic books all of them,i have the entire trilogy as well including the hobbit,i've had to buy the hobbit 3 times i've read it that much they fell to bits :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'm sat by the window listening to the gnomes plot there attack.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users