Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What are the best hooks ?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

insanity

insanity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
hiyer.
i have always used e.s.p Raptor hooks, and lately bought the teflon coated ones.

i've had 3 of these bend almost straight....

What are the best hooks to buy ?

Myles.

vinyljunkie

vinyljunkie

• Members
  • 711 posts
In my opinion Fox Armo Point

wilfster

wilfster

• Members
  • 224 posts

Myles.

oh o mate. :lol:

your gonna get told off when one of the almighty powerful mods see that you aint searched for "what hook" threads. :roll:

grab your tin hat and run for cover.

vinyljunkie

vinyljunkie

• Members
  • 711 posts

Myles.

oh o mate. :lol:

your gonna get told off when one of the almighty powerful mods see that you aint searched for "what hook" threads. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pjwoolley

pjwoolley

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationDroylsden,manchester
i find sharp ones to be the best :lol: :lol: :lol:

ward2k70

ward2k70

• Members
  • 832 posts
  • Locationwolves

In my opinion Fox Armo Point

seconded :wink:

crappercarper

crappercarper

• Members
  • 1,160 posts
  • Locationsunny southampton
esp raptors for me

beza26

beza26

• Members
  • 2,889 posts
  • LocationGold n black army
Never had a fox arma hook let me down, had plenty of korda ones do it though

welshcarp1985

welshcarp1985

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSunny South Wales

Never had a fox arma hook let me down, had plenty of korda ones do it though

Hmm since starting back last month i have probably caught 30 fish upto 17lb and only had one that pulled at the net and one that i lost just as i struck but think that was me being laxy putting too long a hair on my rig.

I will be trying these fox arma hooks though as i have heard alot of people use them.

Try a few rigs with the korda wide gape see how you get on

beza26

beza26

• Members
  • 2,889 posts
Thats what i always use to use before i the arma points came out, other thing is every pack of fox ones ive bought i dont remember ever getting a blunt ishh one in the pack but with the korda it was every pack and at least 2 or 3 hooks per pack. I do like the wide gapes and do still use them every now and then for surface fishing etc but just accept that when i buy a pack i aint going to get 10 that are razor sharp

vinyljunkie

vinyljunkie

• Members
  • 711 posts
i have fished armo points for the last couple of seasons and havn't had one let me down thus far!!
i hava had simmilar experiences with Korda hooks as stated above and find they just dont hold the point like the armo's. 99.999999% of the time when you take an Armo point out it's pretty little box it's razor sharp and ready to go!!

:wink:

vinyljunkie

vinyljunkie

• Members
  • 711 posts
anyone on here use Owner hooks ???? any good ?

welshcarp1985

welshcarp1985

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSunny South Wales
Ok well i am going to pick up a few of these armo hooks.

Which would you suggest to go for when using bottom baits, so something similar to the shape of the korda wide gape?

Had a quick look and i was thinking the SSSP was good as an allrounder hook surface and bottom baits and the SSBP was for pop ups? That abou right?

nash_gadgeteer

nash_gadgeteer

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Ok well i am going to pick up a few of these armo hooks.

Which would you suggest to go for when using bottom baits, so something similar to the shape of the korda wide gape?

Had a quick look and i was thinking the SSSP was good as an allrounder hook surface and bottom baits and the SSBP was for pop ups? That abou right?

Guys, I started using Fox Arma points when our team was sponsored by them, and i have never look back, i use the full range in all sizes and both barbed and barbless patterns, and they have never let me down.

My favavorite patterns are the SR (Stiff Rig) and the LS (longshank) which both have fantastic rig dynamics, and every fish i nail on these are in the net, never had one drop off yet.

I believe they are the best hook out there for various reasons but one of them being the cheap price and getting 10/10 hooks instead of 7-8/10 from other companies....
Born to fish, Forced to work.. Sometimes !!!!

beza26

beza26

• Members
  • 2,889 posts
Yep, i use ssc for bottom baits and sssp for zigs and surface fishing :D :D

salokcinnodrog

salokcinnodrog

• Super Moderator
  • 23,717 posts
  • LocationNever Give in, always believe in your Ambitions and Dreams for they will come true

hiyer.
i have always used e.s.p Raptor hooks, and lately bought the teflon coated ones.

i've had 3 of these bend almost straight....

Myles.

oh o mate.

your gonna get told off when one of the almighty powerful mods see that you aint searched for "what hook" threads.

Quite so!

Different people prefer different patterns as well, so is this any use?

Best Bottom bait hook

anyone on here use Owner hooks ???? any good ?

FLB's are a great 'ook, very strong, you will not snap one of them, and the point is simply awesome. I will say though if you are fishing waters that are silty, and the fish have softer mouthes then they can cut a bit, so be very careful where and when you use them!

I always thought it was spelt "Hiya" :shock: :? :roll: :lol:
Nick

jules007

jules007

• Moderators
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationIn a little galaxy in space
Raptors and the fox all very good, a while back i bought some cheap hooks of fleabay and i tried one on a surface rig, it snapped after i caught it on a small branch, binned the lot!
may the only thing you catch in life be carp!

carpcatcher1995

carpcatcher1995

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
korda curve shank size 8, I find that they just work.

nicksingleton

nicksingleton

• Members
  • 1,006 posts
  • Locationsomerset,quantocks
This season I have been using the carp r us offset nailors and had some good results on them, also the centurian 2000's for snag fishing.

beanz

beanz

• Members
  • 3,525 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Thats what i always use to use before i the arma points came out, other thing is every pack of fox ones ive bought i dont remember ever getting a blunt ishh one in the pack but with the korda it was every pack and at least 2 or 3 hooks per pack. I do like the wide gapes and do still use them every now and then for surface fishing etc but just accept that when i buy a pack i aint going to get 10 that are razor sharp

yer that why danny says to check the hook on underwater 1-1000 cause he knows that 50% need binning before using,

he is a quality mind washing machine , i admit i bought loads of korda products after watching the first dvd :oops:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users