Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Fishing in muddy water

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

owen1

owen1

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys,
I am from southern India and new to this forum. I wondered if you face a similar situation where carp fishing goes completely dead when the lakes get muddy after heavy rain. More so when the lakes are connected to rivers through canal systems ? All we catch are catfish in these conditions.

Muddy water conditions also coincide with the spawning season which could be one of the reasons, but do they the carp stop eating altogether at this time ?

crappercarper

crappercarper

• Members
  • 1,160 posts
  • Locationsunny southampton
i know that sometimes after heavy rain the fish can go off the feed for a day or 2 when the river clouds up and is high but what i would suggest is a highly visable bait and really strong smelling baits so that the fish can find them easier.

riaz

riaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Welcome to the forum uncle Owen Bosen :lol:
just for intro Owen is a avid full time angler , builds his own designed custom built rods, which most of us use in south India ,he is nearly completing the book on angling in India with his life time experiences in fresh water angling , A very good teacher ,conservator, active board member of WASI (wild life association of south india)

This monsoon we try red colored vanilla flavored bait what say

regards
riaz

cowley1963

cowley1963

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • LocationMy Dad's best advice ever! 'Muck it up and you won't be asked to do it again!!
Hi Owen

There is a lake near me that is stream fed and has an overflow back into the same stream, and I concur, after heavy rain and the muddying of the water, action completely tapers off. I have tried a myriad of techniques and baits during these conditions, but have reluctantly now come to the conclusion that the fish simply switch off.

Regards, Cowley.
Humpty Dumpty was pushed!

nicksingleton

nicksingleton

• Members
  • 1,006 posts
  • Locationsomerset,quantocks
Sometimes a bunch of worms can work wonders after heavy rain, as these are often washed into the water, when they come out of the soil to stop drowning, :wink: :wink: 8)

welder

welder

• Moderators
  • 6,585 posts
  • LocationMust pay the water rates.......

Sometimes a bunch of worms can work wonders after heavy rain, as these are often washed into the water, when they come out of the soil to stop drowning, :wink: :wink: 8)

Fully agree. An entirely natural presentation of a natural source of food. Worms work very well for me when fishing the River Alne during high/fast/coloured water. I sometimes freeline them and let them trot with the flow, keeping my fingertip in touch with the line, rather like touch legering.

Ian.
I started with nothing....still got it.

riaz

riaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
We have been trying all sorts, and finally have to wait for the water to clear.
A few pix of the Indian Rohu (red coloured carp) and calabanse (black coloured labeo) All between 8 and 20lbs. Caught on paste bait made from the local ragi millet, using size 8 short shank wide gape hooks and 20 lb mono (ledgering). We often catch them just off the bottom while float fishing.
The mouths of these fish are real small when compared to the common carp.
Tight lines
Posted Image[/list][/url]

Posted Image

Posted Image

iambunn

iambunn

• Members
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire
Thanks for sharing the photos! Love seeing pics from all over the world :D
It's like that and that's the way it is!

bobstains

bobstains

• Members
  • 1,169 posts
  • LocationLeicester

Thanks for sharing the photos! Love seeing pics from all over the world :D

agreed, nice pics.
Its better to have cast a line and blanked than to have never have cast at all..

stewpot

stewpot

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • LocationChannel Islands
That black one is stunning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users