Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

prawns

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

dave_3

dave_3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
has anyone had much success with prawns. i've been using them on a hard water for 3 sessions now with no luck. am i banging my head against a wall or is there anyone out there that rate's them.

20lber

20lber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIn a Bivvy
dip em in oyster sauce bruv and make a small arma mesh bag they love em and the silver fish cant take em.

Gaz

Gaz

• Super Moderator
  • 5,279 posts
  • Locationwhere the fish aint
http://www.carp.com/...ighlight=prawns
http://www.carp.com/...ighlight=prawns
couple bits here

Gaz

Gaz

• Super Moderator
  • 5,279 posts
  • Locationwhere the fish aint

dip em in oyster sauce bruv and make a small arma mesh bag they love em and the silver fish cant take em.

silver fish will rip them to pieces in no time mate

joeyb

joeyb

• Members
  • 108 posts
I remember a fella used to freeline them on top of thick weedbeds right in the margins on a lake I've fished. He caught a fair few.

john32

john32

• Members
  • 1 posts
I`ve caught on Prawns but not the peeled frozen variety. Just take an unpeeled Prawn and place on the hair going through the tail first and then through the head. The hair stop will hold nicely against the shell. If you need to give it a big chuck just solid pva bag it with pellets or pva nuggets for a single.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users