Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Which Mainline boilie?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

getnoshedup

getnoshedup

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationSouth East Essex
is there the ultimate mainline boilie?
or
is it down to personal preference?

whatever bait it is, if you got hungry carp then surely there gonna scoff it either way?!

what do you think?

Regards
Tom

beanz

beanz

• Members
  • 3,524 posts
  • Locationhere and there
any of the mainline will get scoffed, apart from NRG :cry: they dont do it any more :evil:

getnoshedup

getnoshedup

• Members
  • 143 posts

any of the mainline will get scoffed, apart from NRG :cry: they dont do it any more :evil:

any size as well do you think?

beanz

beanz

• Members
  • 3,524 posts
  • Locationhere and there
any size freebies :lol: its the hook bait they dont want :cry:

getnoshedup

getnoshedup

• Members
  • 143 posts
are you talking about NRG? or any mainline?
also do you know much about air drying? if i ordered 10kg air dried do i have to use them all up quickly? or can u refreeze? sorry for all the questions :D

salokcinnodrog

salokcinnodrog

• Super Moderator
  • 23,521 posts
  • LocationNever Give in, always believe in your Ambitions and Dreams for they will come true
Any Mainline (and most others) bait will work, as long as it is applied properly!

That means that you pre-bait if a food source, and fish it properly.

It doesn't mean that after 1 blank you change to the next on the list

http://www.carp.com/...pic.php?t=31581

Hunger doesn't enter into it, because carp do not feed by hunger as humans do. Carp feed by nutritional recognition, and to a certain extent will actively search out baits that are of a higher nutritional value than a ball of semolina, sorry most Shelf Lifes :P

Imagine a Carp is swimming around the lake and it comes across a bed of of Shelf Life that is low in (usable) protein, and a bit of carbohydrate, that could give it energy (for example) 20minutes, or it can taste through its chemoreception and other senses that just over the next gravel hump is a bed of good food source baits that will provide amino acids (proteins), carbohydrates and fats, which will provide energy for a couple of days, protein to grow and repair muscle damage, and fat that is used to keep warm and stored and also provide energy. A whole meal in one spot!

Believe it or not the carp will actively in many cases go for the bait that provides everything. :wink:

If you order Air dried baits, 10kilos of bait is made up, then dried, and sent out to you. It is likely that you will actually get 8kilos of baits. The air drying process removes 2kilos of water.

Once they are dried just store them in a dry place and they will last for ages (up to years). You do NOT freeze them. Freezing and Airdrying are just ways to preserve the bait.
Nick

binfield

binfield

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • Locationberkshire
You will need to re-hydrate your boilies before you use them , they are as hard as marbles when airdried. had some in the garage since january cant get a bait needle to break the surface :lol: forgot how hard they are when dried.

salokcinnodrog

salokcinnodrog

• Super Moderator
  • 23,521 posts
  • LocationNever Give in, always believe in your Ambitions and Dreams for they will come true

You will need to re-hydrate your boilies before you use them , they are as hard as marbles when airdried. had some in the garage since january cant get a bait needle to break the surface :lol: forgot how hard they are when dried.

Rehydrating is fine if you want to add extra attraction, but you DON'T need to rehydrate boilies before using them after airdrying. Carp are quite capable of crunching them in their pharyngeal teeth :wink:
Airdried baits take on water faster than frozen baits, and so look washed out faster.
Use a drill to go through them, and then put them on the baiting needle.
Nick

binfield

binfield

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • Locationberkshire
didn't think of a drill :oops:

louis84

louis84

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationLe-shess-ter
I never leave home without my Makita 18V Li-Ion. Travel light, move fast! :lol:

beanz

beanz

• Members
  • 3,524 posts
  • Locationhere and there

I never leave home without my Makita 18V Li-Ion. Travel light, move fast! :lol:

NOooooooo...

you want the 14.4, even lighter :lol: :lol:

dmcarpman

dmcarpman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
i have some cell frozen that have been air dried and have gone white on the out side are they ok they don't smell of mould is this normal.
they have been in the bag since the end of august.

danm1

danm1

• Members
  • 412 posts
Mainline make bait for anglers nowadays - at one time they made them for carp!!

louis84

louis84

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationLe-shess-ter

or

whatever bait it is, if you got hungry carp then surely there gonna scoff it either way?!

what do you think?

Regards
Tom

I think your absolutely right.

Don't get me wrong, boilies are great, very versatile things and the ways they can be presented.

Dont try and look too deep into the flavours otherwise your head will be spinning for hours trying to work out which works best....THEY ALL WORK.

With boilies, my general rule is fruity boilies for winter and Fishy boilies for summer.

salokcinnodrog

salokcinnodrog

• Super Moderator
  • 23,521 posts

or

what do you think?

Regards
Tom

I think your absolutely right.

Don't get me wrong, boilies are great, very versatile things and the ways they can be presented.

Dont try and look too deep into the flavours otherwise your head will be spinning for hours trying to work out which works best....THEY ALL WORK.

With boilies, my general rule is fruity boilies for winter and Fishy boilies for summer.

I agree with the most parts of the statement, but see my post above about food source and that attraction and nutritional requirement and that ball of semolina. Do remember that overflavoured (even Shelf lifes) can start to work against you.
I get onto 1 food source boilie and stick to it, through winter and summer, and that is a fishy based bait. A low enough level of fishmeal to work in winter, but high enough to attract and provide protein in summer. I say I disagree with the last part, but at times its true in that an overflavoured hi-attract fruity or spicy boilie will pull fish in winter.

Dan's post about Mainline is amusing, and true. They seem to bring out a new bait almost every year, before the old bait has had time to be switched on in some waters. The original and best Mainline bait to me is still the Grange CSL, almost every bait since then has been an ongoing development, maybe even just an attractor change to make or keep up with fashion. The current (and successful) fashion is for Coconut in baits, and I think The Cell is fairly high in Coconut oil.
Coconut has probably been used in baits for a number of years, and many anglers don't realise it, it has been a base for a number of flavours in the form of Fractionated Coconut oil!

Dm,

Airdried baits have a tendency to rub against each other, this makes them go white as they are slightly abrasive, or as the enzymes have started to come to the surface as they dried. Its normal, they are still useable, although I don't know the best state of the Cell for its use. Some baits are actually best a couple of days out the freezer (B&F Smokey Mackeral, Nutrabaits Trigga and some others). If they smell slightly sour, like slightly rancid bacon then I consider that they have gone too far, if they just smell slightly "sticky" sweet then they should be ok.

I had a slight urge to see how many times I could get slight(ly) into this post, but I failed slightly as I wasn't thinking quite enough, and had a slight memory block. Please forgive my slight technical error :roll: :lol: :lol:
Nick

marker

marker

• Members
  • 920 posts
  • LocationWirral
well i've finally run out of odyssey xxx :( i can't get it cheap any more so its over to mainline for me, after a chat with a few mates who are already using it i've decided to go with the cell :wink: i must admit if it wasn't for the fact my mates are already on it and putting it into the lake i'm fishing i wouldn't have a clue which mainline bait to use :?

andy1977

andy1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
I was informed while in local tackle shop that mainline are going to stop making fusion :o , so if you like using them may be worth stocking up.

shakey

shakey

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationColchester
Got to be "The Grange" with parts 1 & 2 and some sweet ade. If I were to put my faith in one mainline boilie it would have to be The Grange...... still their best bait IMO

ward2k70

ward2k70

• Members
  • 832 posts
  • Locationwolves

I was informed while in local tackle shop that mainline are going to stop making fusion :o , so if you like using them may be worth stocking up.

nnnooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cry:

mindgame

mindgame

• Members
  • 677 posts
I used to use mainline but i now realise that £11 a kilo is ridiculous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users