Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

honey boilie

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

jules007

jules007

• Moderators
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationIn a little galaxy in space
is honey any good as a flavour in boilies,

i have a supply of decent honey boilies and plan to stock up to use them on my campain this year....the boilies i have are well made with a right decent smell to them, hoping they will work for me :wink:
may the only thing you catch in life be carp!

salokcinnodrog

salokcinnodrog

• Super Moderator
  • 23,714 posts
  • LocationNever Give in, always believe in your Ambitions and Dreams for they will come true

is honey any good as a flavour in boilies,

i have a supply of decent honey boilies and plan to stock up to use them on my campain this year....the boilies i have are well made with a right decent smell to them, hoping they will work for me :wink:

Nice attractor, and a bait that you can put up with.

Hope they work :wink:
Nick

slimysime

slimysime

• Members
  • 1,867 posts
  • Locationleicester
never tried them jules, but can't see why they wouldn't work, did you pay much per kilo :?:
a bad day at fishing, is still better than any day at work!!!!!!!

jules007

jules007

• Moderators
  • 2,820 posts
seem to remember honey was a right old school bait so thought would give it a try,
was using source last couple of years but thinking back on it i hardly ever seemed to catch on them so decided on a change, couldn`t do any worse on the new bait, cost around 9squid per kilo, about average as i dont buy in bulk

slimysime

slimysime

• Members
  • 1,867 posts
  • Locationleicester
for £9 per kilo they should tick all the box's on the nutritional side of things, let us know how you get on pal, this year is my second year of bait making, and i'm going to be spending a lot of time finalising my own unique hnv bait that i want to be using all year, all the very best jules and please let me know how you get on with them :wink:

jules007

jules007

• Moderators
  • 2,820 posts
will let you know sime
im well happy with the quality, firm but not rock hard so will airdry nicely if needed, plenty of birdfood in the mix, will update....if i ever get to the lake, im hoping for a 25 plus common and 25 plus mirror from the lake i fish, feel confident of the common on the honey bait :wink:

beza26

beza26

• Members
  • 2,889 posts
  • LocationGold n black army

will let you know sime
im well happy with the quality, firm but not rock hard so will airdry nicely if needed, plenty of birdfood in the mix, will update....if i ever get to the lake, im hoping for a 25 plus common and 25 plus mirror from the lake i fish, feel confident of the common on the honey bait :wink:

Why the common? :? :wink:

slimysime

slimysime

• Members
  • 1,867 posts
  • Locationleicester
wicked jules, i firmly beleive fishing is 50/50. 50% fishing ability & 50% confidence in your tackle/bait it sounds like your already halfway there mate on your bait confidence, which is a big leg up so to speek :lol: i bet those honey boilies are a nice golden colour aint they :?:

jules007

jules007

• Moderators
  • 2,820 posts
guess its a gut feeling, and the big commons dont come out to often but the bait is so different to what other anglers use on the lake, hope it happens though :wink:

beza26

beza26

• Members
  • 2,889 posts
  • LocationGold n black army
Never know, all the best with it

emmcee

emmcee

• Members
  • 1,013 posts
reckon you maybe on a winner,honey is a very underrated and under used flavour,became a known flavour when richworth bought out their honey yucatan boilies and there still going today.not only is it a good flavour but also a good additive.it is also used in a number of birdfoods,especially canary and budgie egg foods which are also excellent base mix ingredients

salokcinnodrog

salokcinnodrog

• Super Moderator
  • 23,714 posts
  • LocationNever Give in, always believe in your Ambitions and Dreams for they will come true
Believe Honey as an attractor is supposed to attract Leathers particularly as well :wink:
Nick

jules007

jules007

• Moderators
  • 2,820 posts
hope it attracts big commons, thats gonna be the hard one in that lake think only 2 commons in the upper twentys :lol: :lol:

andy52

andy52

• Moderators
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationIn a nice room with bouncy wall-paper
anyone ever used honey as a glug/dip just a thought

jules007

jules007

• Moderators
  • 2,820 posts

anyone ever used honey as a glug/dip just a thought

i make a honey/blackcurent dip that seems to work on some waters :wink:

jules007

jules007

• Moderators
  • 2,820 posts
well i got another delivery of honey bait today and i got the pop ups as well so sorted with the bait, just need the time to get out there :wink:

markocro

markocro

• Members
  • 4 posts
i used corn soaked in honey, especaly efective at spring in croatia. also used whit tigernut great combination try it, works for me

jules007

jules007

• Moderators
  • 2,820 posts
well i used the honey boilies for the 1st time today and got 2 mirrors on them even watched carp feeding on crumbed boilies in the margin so confidence is high :wink:

nickcarpy

nickcarpy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
top bait in its day, still is richworth honey yuctun boilies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users