Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

my grits recipe

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

jporter617

jporter617

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
dont know if any of you guys are paylakers? im a paylaker and i fish for wild carp also.

this recipe works good at the river or paylakes

4 cups of instant grits

2 cups of quick grits

1 cup of instant mashed potatoes

1 can cream style corn

strawberry/grape/lime/pineapple are my fav for the ponds and lakes

river flavors include vanilla, tutti fruity, blackberry,apple

give it a try guys... the instant potatoes makes it fluffy and the carp seem to take to it alot faster!

justcarpn

justcarpn

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationChina Grove NC
Sounds like the ones that we use a long time ago fishing the pay-lakes. At least the ones here in the South (NC) you know.
JustCarp'N 8)

dont know if any of you guys are paylakers? im a paylaker and i fish for wild carp also.

this recipe works good at the river or paylakes

4 cups of instant grits

2 cups of quick grits

1 cup of instant mashed potatoes

1 can cream style corn

strawberry/grape/lime/pineapple are my fav for the ponds and lakes

river flavors include vanilla, tutti fruity, blackberry,apple

give it a try guys... the instant potatoes makes it fluffy and the carp seem to take to it alot faster!

papabill

papabill

• Members
  • 972 posts
  • Locationwherever the ARMY sends me!!!
what are grits?

cobleyn

cobleyn

• Members
  • 2,923 posts
  • LocationI loved jessica rabbit until she ate all the bacon.
Grits made the news over here a few years back with english anglers going to the US. Theres a few shops you can buy them from that supply US food. I seem to remember there was one in covent garden.
I think Frank Warwick raved about them and claimed he would hammer a top matchmen because the bait was so good. Mr Ringer had other ideas and battered him all over the pond. :lol: :lol:

papabill

papabill

• Members
  • 972 posts
  • Locationwherever the ARMY sends me!!!
ha ha ha yeah but actually what are they? is it fish food, human food? etc man made? comes from a plant? :lol:

buzzbomb

buzzbomb

• Moderators
  • 1,194 posts
  • LocationRegina, Saskatchewan, Canada

ha ha ha yeah but actually what are they? is it fish food, human food? etc man made? comes from a plant? :lol:

Google and Ye shall find........
Grits is porridge made from ground corn. Since a true southerner will only eat grits made from scratch, (True Grit), they use the instant varieties as a base for method/pack bait. It is so popular and viewed with such affection visitors will sometimes see bumper stickers declaring Kiss My Grits.

justcarpn

justcarpn

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationChina Grove NC

Google and Ye shall find........
Grits is porridge made from ground corn. Since a true southerner will only eat grits made from scratch, (True Grit), they use the instant varieties as a base for method/pack bait. It is so popular and viewed with such affection visitors will sometimes see bumper stickers declaring Kiss My Grits.

aman on the Kiss My Grits you see alot of them. never hurd them call porridge before. but you are right on them be made from ground corn in roller mills here in the South. Back in the old days we use to cook them up with a lot of flour in them and they stay together and they were our usa boilie. might even been before yall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users