Hi, I am new to the forum and was looking for some advice.
I did a lot of course/match fishing around 20 years ago, but want to start fishing again and give carp fishing a try.
Have done some research and am looking at the following initial setup.
• Daiwa Black Widow G50 Rod (12ft / Test Curve 2.75lb)
• Shimano Baitrunner ST RB Reel (1000RB)
• Gardner GT-HD Mono Line 15/18lb line
• Leeda Roque 3 in 1 Rod Pod + Carry Case
• Nash Siren R3 Alarm
• Bash Bobbin Kit
• Korda QC Hybrid Lead Clips
• Korda Square Pear Swivel Lead (2oz & 3oz)
• Korda NEW Ready Tied DF Carp Rigs Size 8 Barbless Pack of 5
• Korda NEW Ready Tied DF Carp Rigs Size 10 Barbless Pack of 5
Q1 - Initial question is, does that sound like a sensible setup? Appreciate everyone will have different ideas and personal favorites, but wanted to check I am not going down the wrong path or missing something major.
Q2 - Additionally, just wanted to confirm I have understood the line setup. In the setup above I would use the line and use a Palomar knot to either a Kora Swivel / QC Swivel Size 8 or Drennan Run Ring. This would then clip on to 1 side of my Hybrid clip. On the other side of the clip the ready tied rigs would clip on. Then the weigh attaches to the Hybrid clip. Bait up and I am ready to go?
Is that the case or have I missed something or using the wrong tackle?
Appreciate and help and comments.