Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bryannorbury

pike fishing in the midlands

hi..im relatively new to pike fishing ( last year my first year..!) but have already landed a 22lb er. just wondering if anyone knows of any good pike waters localy.am visiting the severn or avon this weekend..has anyone got any tips on where to fish for pike and zander there..?? regards bryan

well you can join the lamb ac they have a gravel pit rammed with pike but it wouldnt be worth joing untill january (also have about 15 other waters although some are canals and rivers ). theres bourrowpit that can be fished on a day ticket near peaks. theres the pretty pigs waters that you can become a member of for 15 quid a year.which id a river thats very slow moving that opens out into a large pool lots of snags and lillies, weed all the pike hotspots realy. theres some evry good zander fishing on a canal about 5 mins from my house average about 8 fish about the 5lb mark in 2 and a half hours. tricky to get the swim you want becuase theres usually a boat parked over it. also quite rough at night . hmm let me think im sure theres more waters i know of i will post any more on if i can thinkof pm me if you wnat any more info.

Kingsbury waterpark holds pike. The better pike pool is Mill pool. It also contains some 20lb plus carp. My biggest pike from there so far is 15.6 but there are far bigger pike in there.

oh yeah i forgot about kingsbury water park. how much does that cost now cos from what i can remember you have to pay 2 or 3 quid just to get in without buying your day ticket?

ive fished sandwell valley a lot since i was a kid,for the last five years the piking has been dropping off because of the decline in silver fish but there is still the odd big lump to be taken which feed on the big head of tench.some of which run to 11lb.most of the big fish come from the gravel bank about half way along.i think the fishing will decline even more now as the last twice ive been down a dozen or so polish have been chuckin spinners every where so i have stopped fishing it now to save my self gettin involved and things going wrong.the cannal baisin near walsall town centre has some good fish and is not often fished.

Anyone ever fished Sutton Park for them??

i went and tried lure fishing on there about a month ago. that was on the pool with the cafe next to it. but the weed was too thick. but i was speaking to a bloke who was fishing and he said there was a bloke night fishing it and he had 4 out but the biggest being around 8lb all caught on deadbaits. i think that one by the swimming pool is good for pike too :D

if there is any thing you wanna know about the sutton pools let me know m8.the biggest fish r in bracebridge mainly mid doubles but there is the odd low 20.fish about 2 rods out on the dam wall {same with most sutton pools}just off the drop off is the best starting point.

Has anyone got updates on the pike fishing venues?

I live in Oldbury - Black Country.

I tried the swan pool West Brom Saturday but it was all froze over apart from one small bit on the left hand side where the ducks and swans were. Lol

Went for a walk round edgbaston reservoir a few weeks ago and saw what appeared to be foreigners fishing there too! The leather jackets were a dead give away! Have they had all the pike out of our local pools or what?

It depends on how far you want to travel.

In coventry there are Coombe abbey, Ryton country park (Leamington aa book needed), the canal, the avon, the leam.

Other reservoirs away from Coventry are Earlswood lakes (near Shirley), Boddington Res (northampton), Daventry country park and Drayton Res (both Northampton), Napton Res.

I don't know any more towards Birmingham way, as I tend to travel the opposite direction for old esox. :wink:

It depends on how far you want to travel.

In coventry there are Coombe abbey, Ryton country park (Leamington aa book needed), the canal, the avon, the leam.

Other reservoirs away from Coventry are Earlswood lakes (near Shirley), Boddington Res (northampton), Daventry country park and Drayton Res (both Northampton), Napton Res.

I don't know any more towards Birmingham way, as I tend to travel the opposite direction for old esox. :wink: