Bait Color

Thoughts gents...Does the color of a bait catch the fisherman or fish...

I,am planning some trials with a bait I know that works....the same bait but in four different colors...natural brown/tan, red, yellow, and orange....Visability should,nt be a problem in day light as the water is relatively clear...night time is a different kettle of fish...but there again do the fish have night vision...Mmmmmm..interesting...there could be some surprised results...Cheers

ATB

Nails

I,am planning some trials with a bait I know that works....the same bait but in four different colors...natural brown/tan, red, yellow, and orange....Visability should,nt be a problem in day light as the water is relatively clear...night time is a different kettle of fish...but there again do the fish have night vision...Mmmmmm..interesting...there could be some surprised results...Cheers

ATB

Nails

If you are using them at the usual spot, I'd have the brown ones out during the day to avoid the coots and the yellow ones out at night.

We tend to humanize everything to do with animals, carp are just the same, are our presumptions anywhere near target? I'm sure a carps vision and senses are far more advanced than we give credit for??? For instance how do they find popped-up unscented fake corn at night, cos they do???

ATB

Nails

If you are using them at the usual spot, I'd have the brown ones out during the day to avoid the coots and the yellow ones out at night.

We tend to humanize everything to do with animals, carp are just the same, are our presumptions anywhere near target? I'm sure a carps vision and senses are far more advanced than we give credit for??? For instance how do they find popped-up unscented fake corn at night, cos they do???

Cheers Andy....those Orange M ones...going to have a play with them just to see if it is a color thing..I read somewhere that your coot mates in the corner are blind to the color blue....

• 3 months later...

At night I favour green. I would never use blue because I find it really hurts the bait.

Interesting Brookie Green at night [flouro]....Hmmm....have you had more captures, runs or bites using this....

• 1 year later...