Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
scotty64

best fluorocarbon main lines

Just spooled up my 3 reels with ultima powercarp flourocarbon coated mainline 14lb bs 0.33mm its high strenght,low stretch,super soft,it cost £16 for 1000m not 100% flouro but for anyone looking for a cheeper way to use a flouro main line its ideal,i really like it.

ive just bought some berkely trilene 100% fluorocarbon line, cost me £30 for 1100 yards and so far so good, ive yet to try in in a fishing scenario but after just loading the reels with it it seems quite soft concidering its a fluoro carbon,

ive stuck to using moorseys knots though as he has faith in them and has caught fish far larger than I

Hi Gents im off to france in the next few month with over 60 lbs and also large cats.. now im going to spool up for this session.. im not sure if tigerline 16lbs is up to the job.. can anybody help me out with info if you have used this in france,,

Hi Gents im off to france in the next few month with over 60 lbs and also large cats.. now im going to spool up for this session.. im not sure if tigerline 16lbs is up to the job.. can anybody help me out with info if you have used this in france,,

CP from Website

At last! All the advantages of a hi-tech

fluorocarbon in a line that casts smoothly!

This new Big Carp Tiger line has been extensively tested in all conditions by a number of well-known

anglers, both in the UK and abroad. An impressive number of huge carp and barbel have been landed

on this line from very weedy and snaggy waters.

These include: numerous big carp in England with several over 40lbs up to 52lbs8oz; numerous double

figure barbel to over 16lbs; several huge carp to well over 60lbs in France, Italy and Spain; many grass

carp from very rocky and snag filled waters in Italy, including a massive fish that was over 4 feet long,

weighing 57lbs!

Tiger Line is a true 100% fluorocarbon line that is virtually invisible in water. Unlike many other

fluorocarbons, it is a 'multi-directional polymer' providing exceptional abrasion resistance and knot

strength. Like all true fluorocarbon lines, the new Big Carp Tiger line resists deterioration in sunlight,

making it hard wearing, long lasting and good value for money.

UK casting expert Terry Edmonds says: "for a fluorocarbon this Big Carp Tiger line casts brilliantly. Its

very low stretch and excellent abrasion resistance makes it an ideal compromise for long-range fishing.

As far as I am concerned, you won't find a better long range fishing line. I help many anglers improve

their casting and I recommend Tiger Line to all the anglers I teach".

Why does Big Carp Tiger Line stand head and shoulders above the rest?

Much easier and smoother to cast than other fluorocarbon lines

Very low stretch - greater sensitivity with more control and 'feel'

Sinks quickly and completely - improving bait presentation and helps prevent spooking fish

Outstanding abrasion resistance in weed, snags and over gravel and stones

Excellent knot strength with a wide variety of knot options

My question would be is Tiger Line better than X-Line and if so is it really worth the extra bucks?

Yes and yes. I changed from X-line to Tiger and it is considerably easier to use.

Incidently the table of fish captures above is out of date.............I had a 110lb catfish on 16lb Tiger and the fish wentr round a large bin in the middle of the lake before being landed and the line was completely untouched.

I used tiger line in 16lb for the first time today. I bought some after reading this thread and can say I am extremely happy with it. I've used 17lb X-line for the past few years and can say that tiger line is alot better to use. It sinks very fast and hangs off the rod tips beautifully, no line twist at all. Also casts incredibly well for a flourocarbon.

Thanks guys :D