Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
dale_carp

Korda?

talking about korda specifically i have used different bits and pieces of there gear and i think the first thing i used was a lead, now i understand the price of these there almost 2 quid which is steep, but i remember the fox leads not being much different in price i think in some tackle shops about 20p but there is only one tackle shop in my area that sells fox leads and it isn't that local, and my local both of them only sell korda leads on them huge display board type of thing. and there rig tubing i have used it, and i quite like it i just did a quick check on prices and korda for 2 meters is 1.90, FOX was 2.25 and, esp sink tube was 2.45 however i understand this might not be the case everywhere also i just found a price for there dark matter tube 4.99 and the fox tungsten tube was 5.99 now rig tube is rig tube, but in this case korda actually worked out the cheapest. im not gonna go on but i used there run rig sleeve as well and i love this little bit of kit i use it for 90% of my fishing i don't use lead clips very often so this sleeve suited my fishing perfectly i think it is around 3 quid a pack (for 10) now i would happily use any other brand that make a product similar to this sleeve but i don't know any. as for other bits of kit swivels i find myself using ACE as well as korda and, there safe zone leaders i know these are slightly controversial i have heard good and bad about these out of curiosity i thought i would see what it was all about at £5 there are incredibly expensive and the minute i got it out of the packet i wasn't convinced it was gonna lay flat and i still don't. so a little bit of regret there and embarrassment :oops: but i think if i was going to use a leader i would rather leadcore its far cheaper and at the moment i think far more effective although i except they can be dangerous and on the new tips dvd ali hamidi was saying how he thinks the safe zone's are safer than leadcore that is biggest load of garbage i have ever heard they are both as dangerous as each other used incorrectly so i think when it comes to marketing they may have been a bit of a blooper but at the end of they day i think it is personal preference and experience that have given people views on korda love em or hate em.

cobleyn

Posted: 1st Apr 2011 15:30 Post subject: The Grinder issue raises itself again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a stall on our local market that does magazines for a pound and my missus happened to see Carpworld and bought it for me. I was just picking through it in the bivvy last night and happened on Mr. Hamidi on a bit of a rant and for some reason felt he the need to go into the grinder issue again. Dunno why he felt the need to defend it nearly a year on, maybe some of the flack that they get from forums

The crux of his argument seemed to centre on the fact that (he conceded the idea was ripped directly off from a weed grinder), the other company had ripped off their design of the teeth and that they had invested money into prototyping it. The result (other than a baseball bat) was an out of court settlement for cash and for the other company to surrender its stock.

He then goes on to say that because they are now such a big company they'll take on anyone who copies their innovative ideas - like the sinkers (split shot, putty, drilled bullets anyone???).

I just don't think they get it. They've ripped off other peoples ideas for the last ten years... but don't like it when someone copies one of their ideas (lets face it they've come up with nothing original in their history). But they have the balls to write a 500 word rant in a magazine, that people have paid money for to read about fishing. If they want to defend their position- here's an idea- come onto the forums and defend your position with the people that pay for your goods. That said Ali's final comments was that he had a massive left haymaker for other companies that took them on Ali- you may be a good angler- but Jose Aldo (google him) you are not my son.

For the record- I'm not Anti- Korda. I looked through my kit this morning. I have one of their rig Pullers, Sinkers, Shrink tubing, a couple of gated baiting needles and stacks of their swivels and ring swivels- All of which are great products.

Where I have an issue is the 'big business' side of it all. Again- hats off to them, brilliant marketeers- you have made a fortune and have dominated the market. But don't get Pious over being the 'Eddison' of carp angling- you are clever rip off merchants with some dodgy products to boot.

Jamie Oliver- brilliant chap, done wonders for schools- I hope they give him a knight hood. But doesn't he get on your wick after a bit? Do you know what I mean?

Sorry mods if you think this has been done before- but that article really got my goat up.

fraserking

Posted: 1st Apr 2011 16:08 Post subject: Nicely...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...put!

keenook

Posted: 1st Apr 2011 16:36 Post subject:

Ali who???

zammmo

Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 01:30 Post subject:

Foreign chap, hair almost comes down to his eyebrows, herds goats...

rossmc

Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 08:39 Post subject:

...herds goats!?!? hahahahah class, I almost spat me tea all over the computer, wouldnt have gone down well considering Im at work! lol

And to put the boot in, in carpworlds interview with DF it clearly has him saying that they take other peoples products and make them better, hence why they call themsels developments! How much better is up to everyones own opinion.

The whole thing stinks, to me it just sounds like they know they are the strongest market leader, have the most money backing them and feel they can bully more companies out of the industry.

anyways Im off to spod a granny of munga out! PUKKA!

busdaddy

Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 11:16 Post subject:

Lol - evryone's copying everybody else with their own twist of Camo, or Strength, Sharpness, Price ect look when Korda brought out stiff spod tails - great idea, Then fox brought out a spod with stiff tails and screw in middle - bye bye Korda spods hello fox duo! perfect example!

escrimador

Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 12:08 Post subject:

Have another look at the article - although the piece is under Ali's name, the section about the grinder was written by Adam Penning. Priceless, should have had a subheading "why I smashed up another company's stall with a baseball bat"

ozzy1994

Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 18:01 Post subject:

adam penning smashed up a stall!?

Thanks for re-siting nick.

Yup Adam smashed up a stall at the 5 lakes last year, because they brought out a bait grinder similar to theirs. :roll:

Guest Anonymous

Cobleyn, did you see the video that did the rounds after that? Funny as you like, I lost it when my old phone broke, it gets deleted from most forums in seconds though.

Guest Anonymous

It's proper mate, shows him going nuts. I'm back on the pond in two weeks so I'll see if anyone can bluetooth it. We'll have to suss out a way to get it to you privately though, e mail maybe :wink:

yes mate- I'd definatley like to see that... nothing funnier than someone losing it.

Let me know if you get it...we'll find someway. You could upload it to my Youtube profile (unless you have one).

Guest Anonymous

I'll do my best, someone should still have it.......................then you can explain this youtube profile thing, I'm not too bright on t'internet :D

some of the korda gear is good and some is cacke but you can't knock the marketing of his gear , i think every one would like to have his money and contact that he has made .

of all the korda gear i only use about 4 or 5 items and those Ive never fount a problem with .

with carp fishing in general there is allot of hype and bull poo that allot of peaple believe and its only the older generation angler can SE Wat it really is .

.Korda are the nike of carping :)

What, made in sweat shops in the far east, using child labour :shock:

Probably

But then how much of the stuff in the shops these days isn't? We all like a bargain, and businesses like cheap labour, so until it causes a problem for either the comapny or the customer it will go on.

Incidentally, I wonder what would be the result for these children if they suddenly found themselves unable to pay their way through labour in this way?

Korda have just brought out the stow bobbings, a mate of mine is thinking of getting them. Reading this, should he stay away? are they just over priced? Also has anyone noticed the korda crusha is now £15.00 because they have put a bit of green rubber on it!?!

lol yeah he got taken away by security, i heard he smashed the stall up with a piece of wood soon to be released as the korda klub :roll:

Cant believe it,, went out and got myself a nice new Korda Klub,, hit some guy who reckoned i cast over him, he got up and punched me back,, another useless product from Korda...pfff :roll:

Probably

But then how much of the stuff in the shops these days isn't? We all like a bargain, and businesses like cheap labour, so until it causes a problem for either the comapny or the customer it will go on.

Incidentally, I wonder what would be the result for these children if they suddenly found themselves unable to pay their way through labour in this way?

I think you need to think carefully about that comment. I cannot even bring myself to point out its utter crassness!

Guest cgrich
I've been thinking about this thread for a while now, and feel that I want to share my thoughts on the matter.

It seems that there has been a lot of negativity towards Korda in recent months which has snowballed into something of an online joke. Many of the slaters seem to have jumped onto the wagon. It seems that Korda have taken over the position from Nash a few years back.

I have used, and will continue to use some Korda products, of which I rate highly - Marker Floats, Spods, Kwik Links, Sinkers, Extender Stops, Krusha, Running Rig Sleeve, Carp Care Kit.

There are many manufactures that have produced some bad kit. How many threads have been started slating Fox for the shocking Spods / Marker floats? I have used these personally and couldn't / won't believe that these were actually tested on a lake. Spod fins that snap off when hitting the water and marker floats that are so flimsy they get smashed by the lead during use (N.B. This was a couple of years back, so I do not know if they are made of a different plastic now).

Despite the fact that Korda took the idea of the Krusha from a weed grinder, I personally, not experienced in these sort of activities had never heard of one. I can now quickly and efficiently make a small amount of stick mix from my chosen boilies / pellet on the bank, which before I would have struggled. I know that Vision released an exact replica for cheaper, however Korda must have had made some capital investment to develop the weed grinder into something which is more suitable for carp baits. I am actually encouraged that Vision was forced to stop selling and hand over stock of the muncha.

I have in the past struggled to use rig putty. I don't drink tea / coffee, so I very rarely take a kettle with me to warm the putty on a cold day. Sinkers have made it easier for me to get my hooklink on the bed.

I actually very much enjoy watching the FREE korda DVD's. Yes they are a massive advertisement for Korda, but also Trakker and Daiwa and a few others thrown in. Can we really expect a few fishermen to produce something to Hollywood standard? Yes Danny et all use a few strange words, but doesn't that add to the entertainment value?

There are definitely some items from Korda I won't use; mainly because I don't feel the need to look elsewhere for something better (Kryston Hook Links and Arma Hooks for example), but also because they have failed in the past. Other items which I feel won't add to my fishing. But I’m not going to try and make a mockery (And that is what some of the members are doing) out of a guy who started selling leads out a bashed up van, and turned it into a successful company. Perhaps some of the products are overpriced, but thats only because we the consumer have agreed to pay it :wink:

HappyHammer does put an excellent point across about critising products. Like I touched on above, Nash tackle use to get some serious stick on here a few years back, but has sinced up'd their game (However I still do not own a single piece of Nash Kit). So perhaps all this bad press is nothing but good news for the future of Korda?

I'm not going to stand here and confess my love for Korda, but at the same time, don't feel that it deserves all the bad 'press' it is getting at the moment.

Sums it up for me Sharpy :wink:

I like the Korda gear, I like the wide gape X hooks and never had a problem with them. I like the soft coated braid and the spods they produce. Leads are far too expensive in my opinion and the same with some of the other products. I like the free DVD's. You get to see new products from several people and not just Korda.

So Danny might seem strange and the bivvy reference in France is hearsay unless you were there (would you have wanted to see that!):shock:, but he makes his money and uses it to do what he wants the same with all us.

Probably

I think you need to think carefully about that comment. I cannot even bring myself to point out its utter crassness!

which particular bit do you dislike? the fact that consumerism demands exploitation of the needy, or that the needy people will be screwed if they cannot sell their labour? Neither point is especially palatable, but that doesn't make them less valid.

Probably

which particular bit do you dislike? the fact that consumerism demands exploitation of the needy, or that the needy people will be screwed if they cannot sell their labour? Neither point is especially palatable, but that doesn't make them less valid.

Sad fact of life that European and even American markets exploit the cheap labour of the Eastern Asian countries.

It is nearly all sports kit manufacturers, Reebok, Adidas, Nike and goodness knows how many White Goods suppliers.

The UK has lost its manufacturing plants of whatever type, except at a premium price.

Mind you I still remember a joke that was around when I was a child, a Union Flag with "Buy Blitish " written in the corner :roll::lol:

Ok a point: there is a training shoe that's come out, with a Nike tick, made in England £55

Exactly the same training shoe, made in a poor country (through child labour or people working in poor conditions) £45

Which one would you buy?

Dan

Ok a point: there is a training shoe that's come out, with a Nike tick, made in England £55

Exactly the same training shoe, made in a poor country (through child labour or people working in poor conditions) £45

Which one would you buy?

Dan

The one with Reebok or Adidas on it. I don't do Nike :x:shock::wink:

Mind you I do think that Adidas and Reebok are now the same company :?

Probably

Sad fact of life that European and even American markets exploit the cheap labour of the Eastern Asian countries.

It is nearly all sports kit manufacturers, Reebok, Adidas, Nike and goodness knows how many White Goods suppliers.

The UK has lost its manufacturing plants of whatever type, except at a premium price.

Mind you I still remember a joke that was around when I was a child, a Union Flag with "Buy Blitish " written in the corner :roll::lol:

I wasn't quibbling with the statement as a descriptive comment on 'what is', I took issue with the implication that child labour was normatively desirable. Worse still that the justification for this was predicated upon the assertion that if we do not buy such goods the life for the child labourers would be worse, and in turn they must support the status quo. Recent campaigns (much publicised) about the exploitation of overseas child labour (and workers in general) resulted in much heralded backtracking from multinational corporations and reforms of their practices. In other words, the jobs don't go, the conditions improve!