Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
rigshim

De-Stocking of Carp in UK Canals - Petition - Please Support

I live next to a Canal in Birmingham which has some of the best canal carping in the UK. Last Thurs/Fri nearly 100 of these carp were removed by the match club that runs the stretch with complete disregard for the carp, pleasure and match anglers that use the stretch.

The reason given was that Carp will eat spawn and fry of other fish and ruin silver fish stocks????

Obviously the club has no understanding of how a fishery works because if they believe this to be true the Perch, Bream and other species should also be removed.

Canals hold some of the most characteristic fish in the country and is birth place for many anglers. Destroying what is remaining of these venues will have an effect on the future of our sport.

So far this issue has been brought up on Keith Arthurs Fishermans Blues and will appear in all UK Angling Publications in the near future.

Please sign and support the petition and forward to other friends/anglers

http://www.petition.co.uk/to-stop-the-de-stocking-of-carp-in-uk-canals-

Unless the club own's the tretch of canal,which im sure they dont,would'nt (or has consent from the EA/British waterways) they cannot remove the fish from the water.

Even if they had permission to have the fish removed, again im sure the EA would of been in charge and carried out the removal themselves.

What happend to the fish?? Who removed them?? Was it dont properly??

:wink:

Unless the club own's the tretch of canal,which im sure they dont,would'nt (or has consent from the EA/British waterways) they cannot remove the fish from the water.

Even if they had permission to have the fish removed, again im sure the EA would of been in charge and carried out the removal themselves.

What happend to the fish?? Who removed them?? Was it dont properly??

:wink:

Yes a match club run's the stretch and british waaterways have allowed the removal, which is the problem many other anglers use canals other than match anglers.

The fish have gone to a resa in Northampton

its not the british waterways place to say if it can be undertaken, british waterways should have applied for a section 30 or FR 1 (consent to catch fish using methods other than rod and line) and then for the consent to remove the fish which i believe is the FR 2.

unless they have these consents then theyve been breaking the law and heavy fines can be put in place :wink:

surely this is shortsighted thinking? carp fishing is the fastest growing sector of our sport and river/canal carping becoming more gucci everyday. they are sitting on a possible moneyspinner, moving the carp is draconian thinking especially when the carp will be the only ones left after the cormerants have eaten the silverfish...

ouchthathurt :roll:

now this is a joke i hate match fisher man they think they own everything they fish on,

i take it they left the pike and zander they eat sliver fish .

what a load of muppets.

yes up to there tricks again the EA sounds to me they useing a club to get rid of carp (the cats probably have gone already) Its a ruse to do this !

I wonder what the club was promised to agree to this ??

The day that EA has nothing to do with fish stocks would be a great day, this lot sounds to me could not arrange there own funeral even with a body ! I assume this club ,whoever they are have a lease on the canal ? mmmmm sounds very sis to me ! Bit of a smell coming out