Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
tedtom

BUDGET/VERSATILE FISHING SETUP IDEAS

I wanna know how I can save money on my setup..

I wanna use the same setup for bass.

I made a rod 'holdall'/tip protectors out of old plastic tubes, bike handlebar grips (perfect spigot protector for 2 rods), and socks/tape.

I got two Bruce Ashby Mirage 3lb on preloved.com (great site) for 50 quid each, wahey!

Not having second hand reels, goin for Shimmy Aero GTE C 1000, seem the best value at higher end of range.. (70-80 quid)..

Bigger size for strength/sea..

Went for 18lb Krystonite mainline, thinking if it's abrasion resistance is as good as they say, it should last..

I would never skimp on end tackle or bait.. I make my own imaginative boilies as I'm a good cook.

Went for 18lb Krystonite mainline, thinking if it's abrasion resistance is as good as they say, it should last..

Dont forget that the salt in sea water will deteriorate any tackle and espically your line much quicker than normal fresh water will....... :wink:

Is that right?

I guess the sea salt and sun don't have much respect for line!

18lb test though.. should take a bit of stick if the resistance is as good as they say.. and I'm careful.. always checking up the line/cleaning it..

Anyone tried Krystonite? Rate it?

Edited to remove swearing. Last chance. Stoogi.

The closest my carp gear will get to the sea is when they are on the ferry over to france :shock:

just remember to clean all you rod eyes cos even stainless steel rusts when it comes into contact with sea water and it only takes 1 little nik in the line to turn ur line from 18lb to 2lb and you wouldnt want to lose a decent size carp or any carp for that matter just for the sake of buying a a different rod to use at sea (ur line is only as strong as its weakest point)

As an ex trawler skipper i know the damage that salt can have i think i may of even seen plastic rust :lol::wink::lol::wink::lol: