Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
bowza

How far do you travel to fish?

Ok not such a simple question

how far would you travel for the perfect venue

how far for a day session

How far do you travel or your normal venue you use regular

for me I have my normal venue about 3 miles from my door

a runs water about half hour away,

perfect waters / syndicates about 20-40 minutes , many to choose from,

A social with friends I would travel any distance, I am used to 3 hour drives up to family and friends

Bowza

Guest Anonymous
Ok not such a simple question

how far would you travel for the perfect venue - 40 miles

how far for a day session - as above

How far do you travel or your normal venue you use regular -30ish

Social - depends I guess

My perfect syndicate was one in the cotswolds so I was travelling around 200 miles to get there. It was well worth it just for the beauty of the place, and the fact the fish were unkown gave me a real buzz. I didn't end up catching any decent sized fish before the lake was sold and I had to move on!

The lake I'll be fishing this season is around 40 minutes away, so alot easier on the pocket!

because i now live in wolves and i don't know anyone around here and i am now single and don't drive i walk for 25 mins to the park lake but most weekends i take a train to oxford or essex and then a taxi or walk to the lake from there. Does anyone know if you can take a rod holdal on the bus???

You can take pretty much what you like on a bus, you my be chargerd for the pleasure though (thinking about im sure you will be charged for it) :wink:

Will travel pretty much anywhere to fish for a day session or longer, if there is something there i want to catch.

My new water is approx 10/15 miles away (but can be upto an hours drive :shock: )

:wink:

because i now live in wolves and i don't know anyone around here and i am now single and don't drive i walk for 25 mins to the park lake but most weekends i take a train to oxford or essex and then a taxi or walk to the lake from there. Does anyone know if you can take a rod holdal on the bus???

Shouldn't be a problem taking a rod holdall on the bus, depends on the individual driver usually :wink:

My perfect venue has changed over time, and it seems to have gotten further and further away as my fishing has developed.

Originally I lived about 10minutes drive from Taverham Mills in Norfolk.

Beautiful scenery, lovely lake, and some cracking fish, up to what at the time was my personal best. I then moved house down to Suffolk, and that lovely lake then became an hours journey (if we were lucky).

From Taverham I moved onto Earith water wise, again, a lovely lake with beautiful fish and plenty of them, but that was a 90mile drive.

Then down to Colchester, a massive reservoir, bit closer to home, again some hard to find good fish, but worth it.

Now most my fishing is down in deepest darkest Hertfordshire and Essex borders in the Lee Valley. The lake I'm on has produced some good fish, and some good friends, strangely enough, something missing from local waters. :?

One of my ideal waters is actually about 5miles from my door, plenty of good fish to go at, but I'm not paying £20 a night to fish Suffolk Water Park when I can pay £120 a season.

My day sessions tend to be on a park lake locally, or more often on the river where I fish with a mate

im happy to travel 40-50 miles to fish,if whats in there is what i desire.

i have to go 7 miles to my preferred local water

and if i could find the perfect water ,then i may go as far as it takes,though with fuel prices it may be cheaper to move :shock::roll:

My answer to all those questions is .............

................................................10 yards.

Keith, you're in metric France, so that's 9.144 metres! I'll have to come over and have a go at your place. We seem to have similar outlooks on life and fishing.

Ian

My answer to all those questions is .............

................................................10 yards.

Keith, you're in metric France, so that's 9.144 metres! I'll have to come over and have a go at your place. We seem to have similar outlooks on life and fishing.

Ian

You will be made very welcome mate.

I measure things in imperial so that it matches weighing carp in pounds & ounces. I hate mixing systems. :lol:

I did catch a large common at 19kg 12ounces though :roll:

Perfect venue for me at the moment is 5 mins away the river Severn. Uncaught carp without a name, no other so called carp anglers doing my head in all the time just peace and quiet. Get on the rivers for some proper fishing.

When I lived in the UK I was spoilt for choice, Bluebell Lakes was only about 20 minutes away and I was also a member of a water just 1 mile up the road that was difficult to fish but had a nice head of carp. The river Nene was also nearby and always worth a day or two in the summer and I suppose I could have tried the A1 pits, being only an hour away.

So many waters, alas, so little time

Everything in Guernsey is only, at most, 20 minutes away from everywhere else, so again not much travelling required to visit the local quarries, which hold plenty of doubles.

Course, there is also plenty of sea. Have I ever mentioned I only live 2 minutes from the beach. 8)