Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
bivvybasher

Advice needed on Shimano Baitrunners

Always shimano there the best! I got two tribal 5500xta 2nd hand mint condition for £110 really good reel, smooth as you like and plenty of grunt for distance :D

You can buy them new for £99, but as you said a really good reel

The Shimano GTE-C is an excellent reel and although discontinued you can still find them for around £75.00 each, or less, if you spend some time on Google. I have 3 and can't recommend them highly enough.

Always shimano there the best! I got two tribal 5500xta 2nd hand mint condition for £110 really good reel, smooth as you like and plenty of grunt for distance :D

You can buy them new for £99, but as you said a really good reel

He also says that he got 2 reels for £110 :D:wink:

Here are the latest Baitrunner specs from Shimano. At the end of each reel I will also add a link for the specifications as the tables don't copy and paste very well, and there are also full pdf technical documents on the link.

http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/content/global_fish/uk/nl/index/Products_2011/reels/baitrunner.html[/url]"]

Shimano Baitrunner reels - still No1! The fact there are so many pretenders is the sincerest form of flattery to Shimano's vast and continuing innovation in reel technology. Remember; "If it don't say Shimano it ain't a Baitrunner".

SUPER BAITRUNNER XTR RA

Available in 6000, 8000 and 10000 sizes, to cover almost all carp fishing methods, the new Super Baitrunner XTR is faster than the model it replaces with a retrieve ratio of 4.9:1, yet still has the cranking power and strong rear drag to control the largest European carp.

The tough, lightweight hybrid body is finished in contrasting dark charcoal grey and silver. This blends perfectly with top of the range carp rods featuring "custom finished" dark anti-glare satin blanks and minimal graphics, making it the first choice for top carp anglers world wide.

Whilst there has been a trend in recent years towards "big pit" reels for increased casting distance, don't underestimate the performance of the new Super Baitrunner XTR. Featuring an advanced Cold Forged Aluminium AR-C Line Management spool and Aero Wrap II with 2-Speed Oscillation line lay, this new model offers strong casting performance, especially with 40mm butt ring carp rods. Featuring Shimano reliance (SR) technology, 7 AR-B shielded ball bearings, roller bearing and a maintenance port for easy lubrication, plus a new one piece bait arm, the new Super Baitrunner XTR is guaranteed to match your performance and expectations, no matter how high you set them.

http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/content/global_fish/uk/nl/index/Products_2011/reels/baitrunner/super_baitrunner_xtr.html

BAITRUNNER XT RA

In time-honoured 6000, 8000 and 1000 sizes, the new Baitrunner XT-RA series is set to delight a whole new generation of anglers - plus legions of existing Baitrunner devotees. A worthy successor to the Aero GTE Baitrunners which had run their course, this handsome forest-green trio have 4.9:1 gear ratios plus capacities from 240m to 380m of 0.35mm diameter line. Features include XT-7 body and rotor, Zinc Diecast gear, Varispeed plus Cold Forged Aluminium main and spare spools. We’re proud to declare this the best Baitrunner yet at such a price.

http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/content/global_fish/uk/nl/index/Products_2011/reels/baitrunner/baitrunner_xt_ra.html

BAITRUNNER DL RA

With its midnight blue body and gunmetal grey Cold Forged Aluminium main spool, Baitrunner DL also comes with a spare XT7 spool as standard. Both have prodigious line capacities - 500m of 0.30mm on the 10000 and 270m on the 6000 - and are powered by Zinc Diecast Drive Gear backed by three Shielded Stainless Steel bearings plus a roller bearing.

http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/content/global_fish/uk/nl/index/Products_2011/reels/baitrunner/baitrunner_dl.html

BAITRUNNER ST RA

In classic black with an XT7 spool finished in silver, the ST models are packed with far more advanced features than you'd reasonably expect to find on what is now the entry level Baitrunner. Line lay is immaculate thanks to our Varispeed system which involves an oval and a square gear computer engineered to interact perfectly. No longer do you need big money to buy big performance free spool reels.

http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/content/global_fish/uk/nl/index/Products_2011/reels/baitrunner/baitrunner_st.html

BAITRUNNER XT FA

Following the massive success last year of the new smaller Baitrunner DL and ST, this year sees the launch of the Baitrunner XT in 2500 and 4000 sizes. Designed for lighter specimen fi shing, the DL combines the Baitrunner free spool facility with a multi-disc front drag for versatile performance over a wide range of methods from predator fishing through to carp.

Possessing many technological features from the top of the range Shimano specimen reels the DL has 4 stainless steel shielded ball bearings and a roller bearing for super smooth, reliable performance. A Cold Forged AR-C spool with Varispeed line lay makes this reel perfect for thin mono and braided lines and offers excellent casting performance every time. With a powerful 4.8:1 retrieve ratio and Zinc Diecast gears, the new Baitrunner DL may be small, but it is a tough reel that can cope with just about everything from large carp and pike to zander and barbel and is perfect for using with lure, strong telescopic and lighter specimen rods.

http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/content/global_fish/uk/nl/index/Products_2011/reels/baitrunner/baitrunner_xt_fa.html

BAITRUNNER DL FA

Set to cause a sensation in 2010, Shimano are proud and excited to introduce front drag Baitrunners in 2500 and 4000 sizes on a premium technology platform. By mastering the difficult task of producing a reliable, high performance Baitrunner in smaller sizes, these mighty mini marvels are set to succeed where other companies have previously failed. Respectively taking 160 and 260m on 0.25mm line, features include XT-7 body and rotor, diecast alu spool and spare plus Floating Shaft ll.

http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/content/global_fish/uk/nl/index/Products_2011/reels/baitrunner/baitrunner_dl_fa.html

BAITRUNNER ST FA

The revolutionary front drag/small size technology seen on the hot new Baitrunner DL duo is also available to a large extent - but at a lesser price - on the new 2500 and 4000 Baitrunner ST reels. XT-7 spools have respective capacities of 160 and 260m of 0.25mm line. Varispeed, Super Stopper ll plus XT-7 body and rotor are among the many advanced design features included in their precision construction specifications. Why accept imitations now that Shimano – the true and original Baitrunner makers – offer such quality at such an attractive price?

http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/content/global_fish/uk/nl/index/Products_2011/reels/baitrunner/baitrunner_st_fa.html

BAITRUNNER D

The Baitrunner D series incorporates 4000, 6000, 8000 and 12000 models which pack enough power to take on the biggest of fish. They feature an XT-7 body and rotor, ‘SR’ one piece bail, cold forged Aluminium spool and gear, waterproof drag, shielded AR-B, maintenance port and single Biomechanical handle. New for 2011 the 6000 and 8000 models are also available with a traditional handle grip, which is sure to appeal to UK Carp enthusiasts.

http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/content/global_fish/uk/nl/index/Products_2011/reels/baitrunner/baitrunner_d.html

A tip for you with Baitrunners, NOT every shop sells every model, so it can be worth having a look around to see what works best for you :wink:

For years I've used Baitrunners apart from a time when I needed Big Pits, so in those years since the 1990's I have had Shimano 3500 BTR's, Aero BTR GTE 4000's and 6010's. Unfortunately I had a couple of the 4000's stolen, but I have never had a problem with any Shimano Baitrunner. The reels have been covered in fish slime, groundbait, totally abused etc and never a problem.

Last year I bought the DL10000's for my fishing and as with all previous Shimano reels never a problem. I have also managed to cover these in fish slime, water and used them for pike and carp fishing.

I know what the RRP is, but it is definitely worth shopping around as I managed to get 3 DL10000's for £210.

The reels themselves are very smooth, good line lay and a dream to fish with. Playing fish on them is an absolute pleasure with a very smooth backwind. (I don't play fish off the clutch).

One thing I will add though is that if you are using 15lb line, then you will be limiting your casting distance to about 80-90metres maximum. 15lb line is the absolute maximum you will be able to use comfortably, and if you can use lighter line then do so.

[edited for typo]

Hi all

Didnt bother with the shimano's got a pair of Fox Stratos 10000

Jamie

think you made bad move.shimano top quality never had problem with mine.

only ever herd bad reports on the fox ie thet just won't last long before something goes wrong with them. :roll:

lets hope yours ok

Guest Anonymous

Same as that Mick, Fox should leave the reels to Shimano and daiwa and stick to producing the stuff they're now famous for.