Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
goblin

whats the strangest bait you have caught on...

and why do you think it worked :?:

i will start with evening primrose capsules, haribo fried egg....you can see where im coming from :wink:

nothing strange in that...we were using them as a normal everyday bait when i and a few others...namely jez started carping.... :wink:

A grayling on a bare hook. It was one of those red letter days when its a bite a chuck. I'd been trotting on a falling river all morning and was shattered- I was wading back to the bank for lunch and I'd let the float go and it was a few feet downstream.

next minute the rod tugs hard and I've got a 3lb grayling on a bare hook.

A leaf! Fish were sucking and blowing them off the top in the margin.

Nipped the hook in a small one and had a fish on within 5 minutes!

I use leaves for floater fishing on a regular basis, but only ever two types.

Eucalyptus and headache tree.

The oils in these attract the carp and I first noticed this when a gale was dropping leaves on the surface.

Hubba Bubba.........and sugar puffs.

I did see someone take a carp off the top once with a cigarette butt on the hook, just to prove a point..........though I would'nt condone anyone trying to encourage such a filthy habit :D

Guest Anonymous

A common on a whole sardine, and here's a different floater, anyone tell what it's made of?

It was an attempt at carp that were having naturals :D

151.jpg

i once made a fake caddis larvae that looked simmilar..with a tiemco shrimp hook...cut down bic pen fake micro pellet and all other manner of stuff..used to pop foam in the insert that had been glugged...had my pb common on it ...about three foot from the bank...had been lay in the damp and mud for about half an hour flicking freebies of all sorts in when all hell broke lose...very near had a turtles head moment :lol::lol::lol:

my old partner in crime on the bank would of commited murder for that....they were his diet...them and cherry bakewells :lol: ...hed of been divin in for it!! :lol: