Carp reels in Oz. What's your favourite..?

It seems if you look around the carp fishing scene in Europe, there are more carp fishing reels than you can poke a legering pole at.

My trusty old Shimano 6010 Aero baitrunner has found a new lease on life, but it makes life hard to field a matched setup when you've only got one.

Does anyone have a particularly favourite reel which they use here? It's not like there's much chance to wander into a pub full of carp fishermen and ask to inspect their tackle (if you were that way inclined)

What is everyone using?

Shimmy

big pit Longcasts baitrunners

10,000 XTE's baitrunners

st 6000 baitrunners

ra6000 baitrunner

I'm a bit of a shimano fan, in case it wasn't obvious. :) To be honest I have imported every one of them as I could buy them new in the UK get the VAT knocked off and airfreight them to Australia for less than I can buy them for here in Australia. The aussie tackle shops want silly money for their reels.

Yep. Of the several hundred things that I've bought on ebay, I've only been stiffed on two things. One of them was a 6010 Aero baitrunner from the UK. It apparently got "lost in the post" and it was too late to do anything about it with the delays. So I just had to wear that one.

Anyway, this is a thread about what people are using and like.

Shimanos are rather popular. It's just a pity that the Daiwa baitrunners aren't so common.

Shimano Big LC'S, tough as anything and perfect for all water fishing. I bought mine for 130 quid in the uk and recently bought another. However i checked around in oz and the average asking pirce was $320 to $399! I had them sitting on my door for about $100 cheaper then the lowest asking price!

I also use Ultegra 12000XTA' s as well on my spod and marker set ups. brilliant reel!

• 7 months later...