Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
eddyedwards

Ideas for my next underwater video please?

I Video carp underwater to help us understand thier behavoir.

obj531geo312pg1p25.png

Here http://www.underwatersecrets.co.uk

It is now "closed season" on the lakes but I can still video (NO HOOKS ALLOWED IN THE WATER). Every year I get this great opportunity to experiment with the fish.

This season it will be Boilies and in particular what can we do to get the fish to pick up the target-bait before the free offerings.

So, I am asking for your suggestions please? Shape, colour, sound, movement, flavour, hormones, bubbles whatever. C'mon Guys, give me some new ideas please.

put some boilies in and with it a single boilie that is a different colour to the others and see if the alternative bait is taken sooner or is the last 1.a bloke on my old lake used to fish bags of boilies and would always put 1 different 1 in the bag,though it wasnt his hookbait and he used to get plenty.i would just be interested to see if it was left til last or left totally

I would love to see exactly how the Wafters from bang on bait behave,, especially one of the white/yellow ones, or any neutral bouyancy bait works over a bed of bait,,also how they treat small bags to big pva bags (as in 1 little mouthfull or a couple).

Mostly would like to watch the wafters as they are responsible for allot of the fish from the social just gone. :lol:

I would love to see exactly how the Wafters from bang on bait behave,, especially one of the white/yellow ones, or any neutral bouyancy bait works over a bed of bait,,also how they treat small bags to big pva bags (as in 1 little mouthfull or a couple).

^ this was my first thought, but I think they would behave differently on a hair, so the video would not be that useful

I'd like you to swim behind Jessica Alba

^^ this

how about the reaction to a long term food source such as a decent quality fishmeal boilie to a high viz mass produced shelf life bait droped on the same spot or near !

would the fish see it as part of that long term food source or would they shy away from it seeing it as something out of the ordinary and maybe try the established baited spots with other quality baits to see if they react the same as they do with the established one ( if that all makes sense :lol:)

basically what i want to know is with all of these little spots i keep baiting up and watching fish feed over are they as happy to take a completly differant bait of the same spot as they would be mine, would the person who has managed to get a succesful lucky chuck onto my spot see result or the person who may have spotted me pre baiting but have no idea what bait im on be as succesful ??? Food for thought - il even chuck the title in for you ! :wink:

a zig rig would be good, then seeing whether the carp will actively seek it out by going up or down levels in the water to get to it or whether it will only be taken if its pretty much bang on the same level in the water as they are.

Maybe you could try, a well know boilie, mainline cell, richworth tutti ext and a cheaper alternative and see what the reactions to the bait are :) might be interesting, cheers, dan.

Thanks for your ideas. However this years closed season experiments were a disaster due to the exeptional weather we had during may.

I did manage to film some of your ideas and these can be seen here:

http://www.underwatersecrets.co.uk/page7 More video's to follow.

Dannynash, I have already video'd this, you can see it on page4 of the site.

However, this did give me time to install the new Island camera. Which should give us some very interesting video over the coming months. Everyone fishes to an Island dont they? obj1930geo1053pg55p25.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Yeh frozen v shelf life mate that would be very interesting.

Why not maggots and worms v boilies ? would be hard due to pesky roach and bream but if you could do it i would benefit! :lol:

I didnt no you were on the forum mate, i think your vids are brilliant mate, helped me modify my rigs and techniques 8)

Cheers, Bish 8)