Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
carpdudesteve

spod rod/reel fitting

hi to everyone on here(only my second post).I have just bought a new chub outkast plus spod rod and a second hand daiwa opus plus 5000 reel to go with it.problem is the reel doesn't fit snugly in the reel seat and moves about.why would this be? :? will I have to buy a different reel? any advice welcome,thanks.

If 5000 in daiwa sizes is about the same as in shimano sizes I can definately believe the foot is too small for a spod rod. Normally big pit reels are used for spodding, no?

Thanks for the reply mate.I bought the reel from a guy on ebay who had been using it for spodding and as I'm new to spodding wasn't sure what size i'd need.I've measured it against my shimano 6010's which fit perfectly,and the arm that fits into the reel seat is slightly longer and wider(the spool is a lot bigger than my shimano and has quick retrieve,so should be ok for spodding).being quite handy and not paying much for the reel i've just made it fit by cutting a tiny bit off and filing down.if this doesn't work and I take to spodding,I'll have to get another I suppose(any recommendations ?).thanks again for the reply,gonner try out my new spomb tomorrow.

My main rods did this with my Daiwa Windcast Zs. I just stuck some thick tape on the reel seat of the reel (if that makes sense) and now it's fine. Don't know if that helps but none of the gear seems to have suffered adversely!