jjjjjjjjjjjjj

mgb321

:shock::evil::evil::evil: i would have flipped and very likely that he would have gone for a swim to sober himself up.

i think that ultimatly the fault lies with the owners of the property as they have allowed him access !! i would consider getting some legel advice on this one and if you have the drunks name then consider reporting him to the local police for Criminal Damage and see what they say. otherwise you could tell him that you are going to report him to the police for the above and see how he reacts, or maybe small claims court could be an option :wink: whatever you do good luck !

Can you not see the police and get him done for criminal damage? You may need to say he done it intentialy, he was trollied, so he won't remember at all. Goodluck with it.

Ross :)

I wouldn't lie about how it happened if I were you.

Criminal Damage is deliberate or reckless damage so the incident would fall into the act anyway.

Can you not see the police and get him done for criminal damage? You may need to say he done it intentialy, he was trollied, so he won't remember at all. Goodluck with it.

Ross :)

I wouldn't lie about how it happened if I were you.

Criminal Damage is deliberate or reckless damage so the incident would fall into the act anyway.

Well, I didn't word that great, sorry. I meant lie if the police show no interest in what the truth is.

Tell the police mate then if im right they should give you a crime number, then go to the owners and confront them show them you have a crime number, ask them to cough up some dollars or you'll be seeking legal advise, with possibly a report in your local news paper to show how p'd off you are, im sure they'll come to some compromise :wink::wink::D

I imagine that the owners/operators of the water will have liability insurance, it must be worth asking. Fairly firmly but without shouting.

When you joined did you sign any documents? If so, do you have a copy? Check for disclaimers. You may have signed away your right to recompense. Hope not, of course.

Ian

Its disgusting this, im betting they have a rules list as long as your arm as well of things you should abide by before you even think of putting a hook in the water and they let a known drunk onto the premises. Sounds like a case of you must stick to our rules but we can do whatever we want and that includes letting our drunken mates onto the site who might come over for a friendly drunken chat now and again.

Thanks for the replies, got an unexpected phone call today of the blokes sister. She said he was really upset about what happened and they both agree he was at fault and he shouldn't of been there. She said fishing is a big part of her life so know how much it means to me and they are gona do there best to sort it, ive got to take the damaged gear round there and she said they'll sort a payment plan together or see if the rods can be repaired, better than nothing i suppose. She seemed genuine and was really apologetic so we'll see what happens when i go. As of the owner of the lodge i've not heard a thing so can't see me giveing them any money next year in fact the only time i'll go on there is when my dog needs a s##t and i've nothing to pick it up with (only joking). thanks again.

Over the last few months it has been reccomended a number of times that people should claim on their household insurance.This is of corse correct but if as I suspect many people have not got photographs and reciepts for the tackle you wish to claim for, then few insurance companies will pay out...

I claimed for some bite alarms I run over in my garage (idiot) and the insurance company wanted proof of ownership. All I had was a photo of myself holding a fish with my rod pod in the back-ground. You couldn't even make out the make of the alarms but the insurance company was happy enough with that and paid out.