Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
blank87

Chub Cyfish mk2

Hi

In the market for a bivvy + wrap. This one seems a good deal, does anyone on here use one and can give a review/opinion of this bivvy? How quick is it to set up? How many sections are there to each rib? What's the quality like? Is it compact? How small does it pack down? Weight?

Other suggestions of a bivvy+ wrap for around £180 are welcome

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance for any replies

I have had the original cyfish + since its release and for the price I can not fault it.

It isn’t quite the same as a top end, vented, Aqua bivvy but it is damn good value for money.

Its rock solid, very adaptable to different situations, it even makes a good day shelter if you remove the zip off sections and don’t bother taking the ground sheet.

Go for it lad :)

i had mk1 until recently.the are 5 sections....though when new they were a real nightmare to take apart, they do get better over time...also not that i did..candle wax will help this.

packed down in its bag its around 3' x 10" and around 14kg.

quality wise,like zed said,its not top end material,but nowhere near cheap nasty tent canvas.but the up side is the extras that come as standard.

and the mk2 is slightly better material and thinner lighter poles.

the only downer is that its not a full 2man, you can fit them in but your be touching the back and front, not good in rain without the over wrap,which doesnt have a door...but the extreme wrap gives plenty of extra porch space,and a door.

well worth the investment

Just bought one of these myself & have used it on a number of over nighters, so far I am very pleased with it! plenty of space for all my gear & the missus :wink: quick & easy to put up & take down (does take a bit of practice)

I like the fact that you have a choice of front, the mozzi panel & door unzip & can be used as a simple shelter or you can use one without the other. Groundsheet is proper heavy duty (contributes to most of the weight when packed up!) & much better than previous I have owned. I wouldnt say it was exactly light but is no problem if you are barrowing stuff around.

Must say it is worth the money :D

I've got the Cyfish Mark II, 2 man – so not talking about exactly the same bit of kit here. Anyway, mine's a good solid bivvy, plenty of room – though so far have only used it on my own – the girlfriend hasn't plucked up the courage to join my for a weekend yet. Good quality, but quite a chunk to lug around – adds a fair bit of weight to the barrow (not sure how that translates to the one man version though). It's adaptable, the front zips off, can be used without groundsheet, you can put a clear window panel in the door.

It's easy enough to put up, but not the quickest. Have to admit I find it a little bit of a pain to pack away and quite tricky to get it neatly rolled up.

I did have a problem where one of the door zips broke, but Chub dealt with it superbly - absolutely top class customer service, very little hassle, they arranged for the one with the broken zip to be picked up by courier and a new replacement to be sent. Really one of the best companies I've ever dealt with!

Chub Cyfish Bivvy and specs:

www.chubfishing.com[/url]"]

Cyfish MK2

The Cyfish+ was considered by many to be the most feature packed, top performing and value for money bivvy available today. So how do you go about improving what many consider to be the best bivvy on the market?

Not an easy task but over the last couple of years the chub team have developed a number of modifications that will keep the Mk2 Cyfish+ at the top of anglers most wanted list for years to come. The Mk2 Cyfish+ features slimmer 16mm aluminium poles which not only make the bivvy lighter but also more compact. Pole insert joints and collars prevent wear and allow a quick and easy setup. The fabric has been upgraded to 210D oxford weave polyester which is extremely tough, breathable and highly water proof with a 5000mm hydrostatic head. The twin fronted zip system has been retained with the full mozzi front being upgraded to our exclusive heavy duty green mozzi mesh. The front panel features an improved 2-way door system with interchangeable clear and mozzi windows included. The Mk2 Cyfish+ also comes complete with a full winter wrap, offering the benefits of a two skin bivvy when required. Also included in the package are, inline tension bars with double locking screws, heavy duty groundsheet & a full set of heavy duty T-pegs.

The number of back pegging points has been increased, giving more stability on uneven ground and during extreme weather conditions. If you want to travel light just use alternate pegging points for a standard setup.

The Mk2 Cyfish+ 2 man has also seen some additional improvements. The frame has been redesigned with an extra large back rib. This not only increases the depth but also the height at the rear for extra comfort and head room on longer sessions. These changes make the Mk2 Cyfish + the first genuine 2man, three pole bivvy system that offers the perfect balance between size, comfort, weight and transportation.

Full zip off front panel, with three door window options included.

Full zip-on/off mozzi panel in our exclusive green ‘rip stop' mesh

Dual zip-in front panel system that allows both front panels to be attached at the same time.

Completely removable two way door

Supplied with heavy duty groundsheet with elastic pegging system

Full set of heavy duty T-pegs included

Supplied with lightweight in-line Bivvy Tension Bars

http://www.chubfishing.com/en-gb/products/shelters-and-bivvies/cyfish-range/cyfish-mk2/

Cyfish Lite

The new Cyfish Lite is a top spec, ultra lightweight bivvy that offers serious performance and a host of features for the most demanding angler. The two rib design utilises top quality anodised aero grade aluminium poles making the 3-section flexi pole design ultra lightweight and quick to assemble. The Cyfish Lite is also manufactured from Climatex® our exclusive high performance Waterproof breathable fabric . Climatex® is the latest development in next generation breathable fabrics that remain stable in varying climate conditions offering increased strength and durability. The bivvy is super compact and lightweight for easy transportation, fitting easily into most quiver style holdalls. Comes complete with heavy duty groundsheet, lightweight aluminium tension bars, a full set of heavy duty T-pegs, removable two way door with interchangeable; Climatex®, clear or mosi window options and a full zip-on/off mosi panel in our exclusive green ‘rip stop' mesh. The Cyfish Lite offers top specification with incredible value for money.

Manufactured from Climatex® high performance breathable fabric

Top quality anodised aero grade aluminium poles

2-rib 3-section flexi pole design is super compact and quick to assemble

Bivvy weight 3.6kg (excluding groundsheet)

Everything you need included, no extras or add on's required

Supplied with lightweight aluminium Bivvy Tension Bars

Supplied with heavy duty groundsheet with elastic pegging system

Completely removable two way door

Front panel features interchangeable; Climatex®, clear or mosi window options

Full zip-on/off mosi panel in our exclusive green ‘rip stop' mesh

Extra, shock corded pegging points provide increased internal space and protection during extreme weather

http://www.chubfishing.com/en-gb/products/shelters-and-bivvies/cyfish-range/cyfish-lite/

Cyfish Tri-Lite

The new Cyfish Tri-Lite is a top spec, ultra lightweight bivvy that offers serious performance and a host of features for the most demanding angler. The three rib design utilises top quality anodised aero grade aluminium poles making the 3-section flexi pole design ultra lightweight and quick to assemble. The third rib is used to create a porch canopy that gives extra doorway protection in the worst weather. The Cyfish Tri-Lite is also manufactured from Climatex® our exclusive high performance breathable fabric. The bivvy is super compact and lightweight for easy transportation,aluminium tension bars, a full set of heavy duty T-pegs, removable two way door with interchangeable Climatex® clear or mosi window options and a full zip-on/off mosi panel in our exclusive green ‘rip stop' mesh. The Cyfish Lite offers top specification with incredible value for money.

Manufactured from Climatex® high performance fabric

Top quality anodised aero grade aluminium poles

2-rib 3-section flexi pole design is quick to assemble

Bivvy weight 4.2kg (excluding groundsheet and pegs)

Supplied with lightweight aluminium Bivvy Tension Bars

Heavy duty groundsheet with elasticated pegging system

Completely removable two-way door

Interchangeable Climatex®, clear or mosi window options

Full zip-on/off mosi panel in ‘rip stop' mesh

Extra, shock-corded pegging points

http://www.chubfishing.com/en-gb/products/shelters-and-bivvies/cyfish-range/cyfish-tri-lite/