Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
gnorty

poly bags

been thinking about ways of presenting pva unfriendly loose feed and finished up at the conclusion that the simplest way would be to make a parcel of polythene tied up with PVA string, so that when the string dissolves the parcel opens. The final presentation would be similar to a PVA bag but without restrictions on what can be in it. Shop sweetcorn, hemp and all that kind of thing would all be possible, but even pure liquids would be possible!

Has anyone ever tried anything like this before or see any pitfalls? Obviously would be attached so that the plastic would be retrieved with the rig.

the is a chance that it lands the wrong way up so it cant open,or even just didnt open which ever way it landed, then the is the chance that it masks the hook..........thats if i understand your plan :?

think adding salt would simplify things .is spoding an option, even groundbait ball??

lol, i'm not carl pilkington!

I am not thinking of using a whole bag (title is probably misleading). Just a sheet of plastic FROM a bag, wrapped up into a parcel of bait.

just like i imagined. so (for a laugh) how were you going to attach it so it could be retrieved???

it could be the reverse version off the anti-eject rig :lol: , thats if the carp got close enough to try to suck it up.......need to pick your bags carefully....john lewis for the camo and sainsburys for the hi-attract :D

for a laugh, maybe, I could glue the plastic sheet to a metal tube about 4 inches long, thread the line through the tube like an inline lead. then the bag would fall with the metal tube at the bottom and the opening at the top. can't see a fish sucking in the whole bag and tube tbh.

even with a conventional semi- fixed lead it should be possible to reinforce a couple of holes and fit it to the line, perhaps one hole each side of the lead. packed carefully It should have the same effect. opening up the right way without masking the hook.

if im not mistaken, oil based baits dont desolve the pva, only water, so why not use corn in sunflower oil instead of water, or prepare your particles in oil not water? or double pva bag it, it only needs to stay intact for the duration of the cast and as it sinks, the bait will start to eat at the inside bag, whilst the water will eat at the outside bag, so theoretically the dissolve time should be about the same as one bag...

i would recommend AGAINST introducing plastic bags into lakes, what it it breaks off? just more pollutants in the water, and something else for smaller fish to get trapped in...

it really frustrates me seeing bags on the bank that could blow into the water, sink and cause countless problems to the wildlife, and really annoys me when i retrieve bags that look years old when reeling in...

PLEASE! don't do it :)

I seem to remember that South African Anglers would put a hessian sack in the lake filled with Sorghum Maize, and it would act as an attractant.

In the past I have been known to tie a rope to the bottom of a plastic bag filled with particles and throw it in. As it dumps the particles out through the top on the retrieve I had no worries, especially as the distance I was fishing was reachable across a sandbar if I had to wade in and get it. This was before the days of spods (boy do I wish I had come up with that idea :?:wink: ). Since those days I have found that spodding even at close range works and I get a fairly good spread. On most occasions now I resort to the spod, although the use of pellets and sunflower or vegetable oils mean that I can PVA with no problems.

This was before the days of spods (boy do I wish I had come up with that .

In the early nineties I drilled holes in a tin can, cast it full of hemp three or four times...caught a few fish (when I'd been blanking) over it...and dismissed it as just a lucky day. Im sure it was pre-spods. What a numpty.