Catching carp on a boilie= hard prebaiting

Hey Guys,

I never caught any carp on a boilie and now I am really obsessed with it. I have boilies that were given to me by a very generous forum member Pete, not sure where he is at the moment.

So the question is, do I have to prebait pretty hard on the boilies for a carp to recognise it as a food source? Because I do not think anyone would have tried boilies at my local lake.

I have hair rigs that I bought from Gardner tackle UK. Any advice would be highly appreciated .

If you have high attraction boilies, you may not need to pre-bait, however, you will need to locate the fish.

Fishing is about locating where you think your target will be, this is generally known as watercraft which is a far bigger part of fishing than bait.

To exagerate, whatever bait you are using, it is no good hanging 1 metre from a tree, and so it is no good in the water where your target fish do not go or buried beneath silt or weed on its own.

Whatever boilies you have, you will probably need to intorduce some to the venue, but this will open out to: how big is the venue, how many carp are there, what size are they, where have they been caught, how have they been caught and which out of them do you want to catch.

Since you think boilies have not been used on the venue, what bait has been used?

The topic of hair rigs has been discussed here so use the search facility or look under the rig section (I'm not trying to be snotty :oops: )

If you have high attraction boilies, you may not need to pre-bait, however, you will need to locate the fish.

Fishing is about locating where you think your target will be, this is generally known as watercraft which is a far bigger part of fishing than bait.

To exagerate, whatever bait you are using, it is no good hanging 1 metre from a tree, and so it is no good in the water where your target fish do not go or buried beneath silt or weed on its own.

Whatever boilies you have, you will probably need to intorduce some to the venue, but this will open out to: how big is the venue, how many carp are there, what size are they, where have they been caught, how have they been caught and which out of them do you want to catch.

Since you think boilies have not been used on the venue, what bait has been used?

The topic of hair rigs has been discussed here so use the search facility or look under the rig section (I'm not trying to be snotty :oops: )

Hi there,

Thanks for the info, the lake is pretty big and shallow. Mostly corn is used and worms. I used to catch big ones last year but this year I am struggling to get small ones.

I have caught them on a hair rig with a fake sweet corn in the past but that was winter.

Anyway I am going there on Monday, lets see what happens

Cheers mate

D