a season off

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Decided to give up my north ticket and have a season after cats, my target's a sixty pound UK fish and I've one summer to do it.

Jan 2012 should open new windows on a tiny syndicate.

i gave carping a break - no local waters, so became a trout/grayling angler, either fly fishing or trotting a float on the dorser stour, i enjoyed it, had smoe stonking chub and my 1st barbel.

now back in wiltshire - carp waters are more prolific, i have a water 5mins from my house with a few 20s in it, small match type water but overgrown and wild, the carp in it have really grown on and the mirrors especially are stunning varieties. its only about 3ft deep with the odd 5ft hole knocking about. its a narrow canal type lake.

also has a "specimin" pool of about an acre with 4 30s in it, but its no night fishing and is £15 a day, which seems a bit steep from what i've heard, but i need to get eyes on the place before making up my mind.

:roll:

Guest Anonymous

That's my plan John, a season after the split cats. It'll be hard being next door to my old haunting ground but the place has changed and it'll only be for a year, then if all goes to plan with my mates lake purchase I'll be on a 15 man ticket in Jan.

Guest Anonymous

Cheers guys, I'll be wanting some tips having never angled for them before.

Oth, this syndicate's going to be pretty much closed shop, it's my mate and bait supplier, although I do believe Levi on here will be joining me.

stu, just remember as cob has said, they can be very tricky and go right off the feed for 3 or 4 dayd. when they are having it then you can and will pick them up on anything tbh. 4 or 5 halibuts on a hair can bring good results. livebaiting (i think it should be banned myself but thats a whole nother thread) when hot then suspending a bait a few inches under the surface can be devastating. i make my own boilies for them as well, huge things one and half times the size of a golf ball. be prepared for a call to say they are on the munch and get going lol cause as said, if you miss that feeding spell then it could just be a wasted trip

Cheers guys, I'll be wanting some tips having never angled for them before.

Just shout mate. They can be like swimming dustbins....but as jez says on a mixed fishery its difficult to single em out.

Popped up bunches of worms, roach deadbaits, live eels suspended, 40mm triple baits....you're going to have a lot of fun :wink::D

Ever hooked one stu?

Guest Anonymous

No mate but I'm looking forward to it, as far as I know the split holds fish over 70, often heard them slapping the surface when I've been on the causeway between there and the north.

It's not an easy water but the cats get hooked regularly and there's some lump carp to be had too although I'll try and resist temptation.

I started to fish in 2006. joined a club for two years , moved to where i live now then joined a local syndicate for 2008. had a row with the owner. joined another two clubs in 2009 cancelled membership did quite well best of 24lbs. Then joined my present club in 2010 rejoined it and joined another club in 2011. Now for 2012 rejoining one of my present clubs. taking up membership essex carp syndicates (The Mill) but also fishing at crow green fisheries for the sturgeon and cats. I also on the list for The lavers syndicate but i gather this has a long queue

Decided to give up my north ticket and have a season after cats, my target's a sixty pound UK fish and I've one summer to do it.

Jan 2012 should open new windows on a tiny syndicate.

Good luck...I'm hoping to get on a syndicate next year not sure how long the waiting list is...try mice cats like mice, just watch an episode of Tom and Jerry, you'll see what I mean... :P