2 wheeled barrow

have searched and read many threads. but with a dodgy knee i feel i need a 2 wheel barrow. but taking into account the steering issue everyone mentions i would think that if the wheels are nearer to the centre of the barrow, rather than at the front , it should steer better. anyone suggest a make like this ?

dodgy knee? a 2 wheeled barrow will play havoc with it mate. look at a building site and think what would be easier, a wheelbarrow as it is or a 2 wheeled one. 2 wheeled ones are a nightmare on anything but a smooth even surface. if you have a dodgy right knee and the path your pushing along is sloped to the right imagine the pressure your gonna put through your knee, even on a short wlak

hi guys. thanks for all the replies. i have only used a barrow once ,supplied by the lake so not sure what make it was. i think i probably packed it too top heavy and found it dificult to balance at the handle end and just felt uncomfortable over some roughish wood tracks consisting of years of fallen leaves (deep and spongy ) and fallen branches. like the single or two wheel option version so i can try both.

I too have limited use of one leg following a car accident (14 breaks between knee and ankle ouch :shock:) I'm currently using a carp porter mk4 but I think I might have to bite the bullet and get the powered version. Even perfectly loaded and balanced you still need to apply effort to change direction and climb inclines, and descending them is even worse, lots of pennies but i dont want injuries to dictate where I can fish

Id hate to see the state of your cars if u struggle with 2 wheel barrows that much. I have a 2 wheel and amazingly I can turn it 360 without even a wobble. Maybe if you left the TV and kitchen sink at home it wouldnt be so heavy.
on flat ground of coarse a two wheeled will be easy, not on uneven lumpy sloped ground though, which is why wheel barrows are single wheeled cause there is no way on earth you could use a two wheeled one on a building site. some lakes with tree roots all over the top would be impossible with a two wheeled one

can see how difficult the sloping sides would be. when i picture it it makes me laugh. a mate of mine has one of these 4 wheel trucks from robert dyas. if he takes a corner too sharp the whole lot topples over. it has a very narrow wheelbase and kind of suspension where its made from very weak steel.