Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
andyspiers

Thick Weed Tactics

Above all else....first things first....use a tri lobe lead :wink: ....totally overlooked by todays generation...and the best lead without doubt for weed fishing...and I fish into weed of upto 7ft depth with them :wink:

another little used trick....find a natural point to a weedbed...and fish to it...exactly the same as an island....they will patrol along the fringe...so its a natural chokepoint for two routes :wink: ...right ...thats your lot from me :lol::wink:

Thought I'd revive an old thread. Yesterday I was fishing a weedy lake, with fish cruising through the weed. I used solid bags and these were successful as I was casting to showing fish and only once did I feel that it got caught up.

I'm thinking of pre-baiting a spot in the week with particle and pellet spodded out to not only get the fish in the area for when I fish but also to clear an area for myself. How much particle and pellet will I need roughly? I'll be prebaiting tomorrow and friday before fishing Saturday and Sunday.

Well I've been down and probably put a couple of kilos in as well as a little in some margin spots over two days. The carp didn't seem at all bothered by the spod and were in investigating almost immediately. The margin spots were fizzing so heres hoping tomorrow goes well.