Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
salokcinnodrog

Otter Petition

Given that I don't like to criticise or make observations without offering alternatives or to do better, I decided that I would contact Tim Paisley and offer to help in any reasonable way. The offer was to be discussed at the next meeting of the group and has just passed so I presume if needed I will hear something shortly.

In the meantime I was asked to scour the local press for reports of predation and to forward any information onto PAG. Unfortunately I haven't got any info yet to pass on.

I would be happy to collate any reports of predation from here and pass them on to PAG, obviously having links to any online papers/news sites etc would be of major advantage.

Following along the Facebook line of things, those guys at back of the landing net have quite a following on facebook, I shall message them posting a link to the petition and ask if they can post the link on their wall.

There must be a few of their followers who would be happy to sign this petition.

you have my signature :)

the message I have sent BOTLN;

Hello Chris and Jay,

As you may be aware there have been an increased number of otter's released from captivity into the wild and it is now approaching numbers that pose a serious threat to the ecosystem of our lakes and rivers, as well as posing a huge threat to all aspects of our sport, as 1 adult otter will eat up to 2lb of fish a day.

This means that small silver fish will struggle to reproduce and the young carp, up to the 15lb mark, will also be targeted, posing a serious threat to the future of this sport which so many of us love.

I was hoping that maybe you could post this petition on your facebook wall, to help us collect as many signature as possible to enable us, the angler, to do something about this imminent threat.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/27441

I thank you in advance or you taking the time to read this message, and also for posting that link on your wall, which I am confident you will do.

yours faithfully,

Daniel Fox, keen angler and fan of your videos.

For more information on this topic please visit

http://www.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52601&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Hopefully they will be happy to help! :D

Well the lad's at BOTLN have posted the message I sent them, along with the link to their facebook page, this has all ready resulted in a few signatures, I only hope the signatures continue to come flooding in and we can collect enough to do something productive with them.

I have to say I have been very happy to help in the few small ways I could, If there is anything else I can do (apart from go out hunting the little [censored]s myself) I would be extremely happy to do so, just let me know what I can do that will be a productive step towards achieving this goal :)

I thought that was you Dan! When I seen the name, or was a big coincidence.

Anyway, nice one

Indeed it certainly was me matey, its also my pleasure to "preach" (for lack of a better word lol) to the masses and teach them of the infidels and sinners of this witchery that is the release of vermin, anglers may only receive true enlightenment upon welcoming this petition with open arm's, then and only then will the Carp Gods look down upon them and answer their prayers with beautiful big fishies lol.

I have been talking to a colleague who is running a digitalisation project for the company (a rather large insurance company) and a few things that really struck me was:

- pre-2011 most web referrals, by this it means going from one webpage to another not necessarily business webpages, the biggest referers were search engines.

- 2011 that changed and social media sites took over. In 2011 apparently more people visited web sites/resources after finding the information from places like Facebook and Twitter than those who specifically opened a search engine and typed a search etc.

- If a facebook account has 10,000 fans/friends (I don't really use facebook etc, can you tell :P ) then one step removed (The 10,000 peoples followers/friends/fans) will be seen by 2.5 million people.

- Once you reach the 2.5 million users the next step is seen to be full coverage of the UK population. I presume the people who do not use the internet are removed from the figures as they are not the target audience. But I do not know if word of mouth then spreads to them, I know I tell people all the time via word of mouth about stuff I find on the internet...

So what does that actually mean?...... I think it means that as the internet is now the biggest and easiest way to communicate within the UK and the world, if we accept that this is potentially the way to spread the word so to speak. Then we have to use it to spread the word, also within that we need to specifically aim to use social media to get people to visit and sign the petition.

An added bonus is that people on our friends lists know us and will understand what it means to us and are therefore likely to sign it for us. It is almost like a recommendation.... this spreads outwards. Recommendations sell, or in our case get signatures (hopefully).

However given a senstivie subject like otters and predation, I am not sure it would fit into exactly the same model as selling insurance :)

I am probably just talking a load of old twaddle, but I found it interesting.

Well the lad's at BOTLN have posted the message I sent them, along with the link to their facebook page, this has all ready resulted in a few signatures, I only hope the signatures continue to come flooding in and we can collect enough to do something productive with them.

I have to say I have been very happy to help in the few small ways I could, If there is anything else I can do (apart from go out hunting the little [censored] myself) I would be extremely happy to do so, just let me know what I can do that will be a productive step towards achieving this goal :)

Fantastic, Mr Fox! Good effort.