Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
uscarpman

whats your favorite type of carp bait

My favourite bait to use in my club water is double maize on a hair on a size 10 hook (small) for most of the year. Have experimented with raw bacon but only works on a few lakes (where its the killer bait there) For the winter it has to be a "luncheon meat". The last time i fished with a boilie was 3 years ago and i used a white chocolate and a SSR+ which is i think strawberry and raspberry surprise.both 16mm i think !

Do you know what im yet to use fresh bait. such as luncheon meat but i think i might give it a whirl. I've heard spam ostensibly another good one. an it costs a fraction of what boilies cost. what have i got to lose. a day on the bank maybe but a valuable lesson learned.

Luncheon Meat is always a great bait, as is Cell, but for me the best bait has to be Tiger Nuts for the main reason that you know, 100%, that it’s still on the hair, no matter how long you’ve left it out there. One less thing to worry about.

As for liking the smell, it’s got to be Tutti Fruitti.

No Nutritional Value to the fish, but they seem to like them all the same!!

An enzyme inhibitor I believe "convinces" the carp that they are edible and nutritional. They don't have much useable protein in their natural state (same as Peanuts).

As for favourite baits:

http://www.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=27795&highlight=favorite+favourite+baits

http://www.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25584&highlight=favorite+baits