Nash Whiskey Boilies

chaz1839

Hi guys

Does anyone know if you still can buy Nash Whiskey Boilies? I have search hi and low for them and get the impression they are no longer available. I have managed to get some Air Ball pop up's in the said flavour but I can't seem to find the Whiskey Dip for them. Is this also no longer available? They are are great bait and i had some good catches with them when I used them a few years back. (I love them smell of them myself)

Hi guys

Does anyone know if you still can buy Nash Whiskey Boilies? I have search hi and low for them and get the impression they are no longer available. I have managed to get some Air Ball pop up's in the said flavour but I can't seem to find the Whiskey Dip for them. Is this also no longer available? They are are great bait and i had some good catches with them when I used them a few years back. (I love them smell of them myself)

I went through the Nash Bait website, and I couldn't see them:

http://www.nashtackle.co.uk/productlisting.php?id=69

The originals were made with a by or waste product from the Whisky industry, hence their name. Then as Gaz said, they stopped being made, I'm not even sure if Nash then re-released them or some old stock or another supplier got onto the market, but I haven't seen them for a few years.

On another thread which asked for your alltime favourite boilie i put the whiskeys :wink:

The bait was responsible for my p.b carp and tench in the late 90,s when i 1st started dabbling in carp fishing :)

Lets get a petition up to Mr Nash and get him making em again 8):lol:

• 2 weeks later...

i used to do well using chick peas soaked in whisky - the actual boilies were a one off run i think, they certianly stopped beng made a few years back. on my local waters at the time, they took the places apart then completely "blew" - lost their effectiveness very quickly, very strange but yet EVERYONE was using them at the time...

:roll:

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, didn't Nash use the left over barley malt mash from whisky production to make up a proportion of the base mix?

You could try using a single malt as a bait dip! I know what I'd be doing with it on the bank and it doesn't involve lobbing good scotch into the pond..! hic!

• 4 weeks later...

good news lads nash have started rolling up a mix for my local tackle shop.this as the whiskey additive in it and they stink of whiskey.these are exclusive to carp fever droylsden though they have sent some down to trafford angling.they ordered 350k for the off and only had 120k left on thursday so get you orders in if you want them.labeled up nash manchester specials

good news lads nash have started rolling up a mix for my local tackle shop.this as the whiskey additive in it and they stink of whiskey.these are exclusive to carp fever droylsden though they have sent some down to trafford angling.they ordered 350k for the off and only had 120k left on thursday so get you orders in if you want them.labeled up nash manchester specials

What makes you guys special then....considering Nash's warehouse isnt that far from us Essex Boys doesnt make sense why your the only ones getting these????

just that you state YOU GUYS so special and US ESSEX BOYS far as im concered were all on a level ground here mate just after catching or is this like some sort of game and i dont follow fb just thought i would post the link so the lads who were after the whisky stuff could see whether they fancied it maybe i miss interpreted what i read if so i do apologise :roll:

tongue in cheek boy, tongue in cheek!!

Will be interesting to see if they are the same as the old whiskies, from the picture they are a different colour.

Got a response lads....think I might jump on this...although depends on cost!!

The bait in question is one developed by carp Fever in conjunction with Gary Bayse. Therefore we produce this bait exclusively for the two shops you mention. There are no plans for Nash to sell this bait through any other retailers in the future.

You could however speak to any Nash retailer in view of ordering through them, a batch of the original whiskey recipe; however the minimum order qty would be 70kg for a special mix.

• 1 year later...

Just got 15 Kilo of the Nash/Manchester Specials and they stink of sick after you have been drinking whiskey and the dip might as well be whiskey because that is what they look like.

We will see how they go in France in 2 weeks but a mate has been on them this year and he has beat me up every time using them so if you cant beat them join them.

Also do a search on them they have been some great results.

There is definitely Whiskey in them but there is a cream to them too can wait to get on the hair ill let you know the results. Ill be at Le Moulin Du Mee.

• 2 years later...

Just got 15 Kilo of the Nash/Manchester Specials and they stink of sick after you have been drinking whiskey and the dip might as well be whiskey because that is what they look like.

We will see how they go in France in 2 weeks but a mate has been on them this year and he has beat me up every time using them so if you cant beat them join them.

Also do a search on them they have been some great results.

There is definitely Whiskey in them but there is a cream to them too can wait to get on the hair ill let you know the results. Ill be at Le Moulin Du Mee.

How good is your memory - how did you do ???